Lost boost idk why?

ToMang07

Reaction score
14psi seems about normal for a stock truck un-tuned with stock exhaust and stock air.

Copper RTV was definitely a bad idea tho, since the max temperature for the stuff is much lower than common EGTs.

3Deez

Reaction score
FIXED! It started acting up when I was running the evolution CTS. So I put the BD GT on and it still was low on boost (14psi). This morning I uninstalled the Bully,reinstalled the evolution and BAM 25 psi. Thank You All so much! This must've just been a glitch !?!? I'm very close to going to Bremen for stage 3s and a turbo...or whatever combo they recommend...I Hope this gremlin was a one time deal. I drive it so little that maybe my batteries were low and caused it.:toast:

3Deez

Reaction score
14psi seems about normal for a stock truck un-tuned with stock exhaust and stock air.

Copper RTV was definitely a bad idea tho, since the max temperature for the stuff is much lower than common EGTs.

The corrosion was horrible underneath the manifold. I thought I'd try to stop it. Time will tell for sure.

3Deez

Reaction score
Wire wheel and gaskets will seal. If that won't, you need more work than any RTV will fix.

The manifold bolt broke off flush with the head. I drilled and used an un-easy out...naturally,it broke. I welded a nut to it,and at about the 30th attempt of welding,snapping and grinding. I finally got it out. It felt like I ground a little too much off. So I put a little ultra copper in there and a teeny tiny skim all across the mounting surface. Maybe I'll put a new head on that side along with a riff raff manifold and studs,if it seems problematic.

Latest posts

Members online