Lost family member in Abilene Texas! Please help.

PFarmer

Reaction score
Awwww shucks!! Thanks everyone.. I knew it would feel good to find him but I underestimated the "feel good". Hooray!!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Awwww shucks!! Thanks everyone.. I knew it would feel good to find him but I underestimated the "feel good". Hooray!!

way to go. Your suck a trooper for sticking this out and helping phil bring his lost family member home. next time your in fort worth beers are on me for you doing such a wonderful job on this.

PFarmer

Reaction score
IMG_5911.jpg

Buster, the wayward Boxer. :)

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
way to go. Your suck a trooper for sticking this out and helping phil bring his lost family member home. next time your in fort worth beers are on me for you doing such a wonderful job on this.

I meant such a trooper not suck lol

Damn auto correct from my phone

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
Priscilla,

That is just incredible!! I'm proud to call you a friend!
And, if Randall has the beers, I got dinner! Steaks??? You've definitely gone above and beyond, and earned it!!

Phil, happy you got your pooch back. Hopefully, 10 years from now, y'all can look back on this with a smile and a laugh! ;)

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
I HAVE HIM!!!! I CAUGHT HIM!! He's in my truck cooling off. I'm so excited I can barely breathe!! BUSTER is safe and Phil and Ashley are heading here from Odessa. Thank you God. So awesome. Crap, I said I wouldn't cry. Dammit, I'm such a girl. What a great day.

Thought this was appropriate:

Attachments

• whos-awesome.jpg
    whos-awesome.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 70

F350-6

Reaction score
I HAVE HIM!!!! I CAUGHT HIM!! He's in my truck cooling off. I'm so excited I can barely breathe!! BUSTER is safe and Phil and Ashley are heading here from Odessa. Thank you God. So awesome. Crap, I said I wouldn't cry. Dammit, I'm such a girl. What a great day.

Sooo, how about some details? How exactly did you find him? Get a call from a flier? Out on one of your reconnaissance patrols? Send up a fleet of drones? Commandeer some spy satellites?

young7.3

Reaction score
Congrats for finding him. Maybe get him chipped or a gps collar encase it happens again

Sent from Prestige Worldwide headquarters!

PFarmer

Reaction score
Sooo, how about some details? How exactly did you find him? Get a call from a flier? Out on one of your reconnaissance patrols? Send up a fleet of drones? Commandeer some spy satellites?

LOL..you're awesome. It was the drones. Seriously:)
Hundreds of fliers, facebook contacts, and face to face- good old fashioned "I need your help". Yesterday, Phil stuffed mailboxes with fliers, I hand delivered them to businesses and everyone I thought would be a benefit. One of Phil's fliers brought in a call from a woman who had seen him. I searched.. nothing. She called again and said "I'm looking at him!" GAME ON.

My husband and I ran down there and saw him.. he would NOT come when called. He would run when we got out of our trucks (I'm sure it was my honey's Dodge that ran him off) and we'd drive again, get out, he'd run. Crap.. this went on forever!! I kept thinking, he's going to pass out..he can't keep doing this. Then, he disappeared. I was about to head home and my phone rang again..it was Abilene Christian University campus police. I had given them a flier the day before and Phil tried to give them one a couple of hours later. They said "oh, we met your Mom". LOL. Okay. So they called and said we have him cornered.

I was already out and had lost him so I came running to where they said they had the dog and the campus police and I surrounded him and locked him down. I got my fingers under his collar and could taste the tears in my mouth. He was exhausted, he had given up and he was on the verge of heat stroke.

We got water to him, soaked him down and kept putting water in his mouth and then I carried him to my truck. I kept checking him to make sure that he was breathing, he scared the crap out of me. I got back to the house and lifted him out of my truck and he could stand, and walk. Whew. I brought him in the house and continued to monitor him. He perked up, became thirsty, then hungry. (2 days since groceries!) He was finally past the danger zone and I knew he would be fine.

Phil and Ashley arrived and picked up their sweet dog and life was perfect; in that moment. Glad to part of it. :)

Zmann

Reaction score
After all the downer things I see every day on the forum,news.real life

I really needed a thread about People helping others:thumbup:

Snake

Reaction score
Well Phil, together, we have passed out 100+ fliers today to every business north of I-20 at Exit 288 and some on ACU hill. We have handed pictures to every motel housekeeper, store clerk, restaurant and even to the ACU campus police. We have given photos to construction crews, the employees outdoor smoking area at the Walmart and to their garage mechanics because they have the door open all day. Every convenience store, hotel and motel housekeeper and maintenance person and people standing around has a picture of your dog. We've checked in with two apartment complexes and a housing development. We've taped fliers to poles and walls, stuffed mailboxes and you've been to the animal shelter to look, then left a flier there too. I will go check the Abilene Animal Shelter every day and I'm networking the tar out of Buster's picture on facebook and so are my friends. I even found two homeless people and called a Bible College friend of mine (lol..looking for a dog and found people) to come get them and he took them to Love and Care ministries for food, a shower, clothing and new shoes. I'm so sorry that you had to leave Abilene without your dog. I know that y'all are heartbroken but we're not giving up here in Abilene. Just wanted you to know. Come find me on facebook, okay? https://www.facebook.com/PriscillaCutlerFarmer and the dog page is: https://www.facebook.com/Hope4dogs. Don't give up.
Priscilla in Abilene

Please feel free to give your Abilene friends my number, I would be happy to work with them or show them the areas where we think we need to be looking if they want to join the search. They can call me at 325-721-7013

It's my pleasure Phil, you're welcome. I've already been through the Abilene Animal Services Available and Stray dog page this morning and talked to them on the phone to make sure that the list is up to the minute current.

http://www.abilenetx.com/Animal/petpoint/dogs.htm

Buster has not been brought in. I will go down there in person later to check for myself. I have some work related things to do this morning and then I'm going out again to look, hand out more fliers and follow up with some of the people I spoke to yesterday. Lots of people praying for your dog. :) I'll call you later and give you an update. We're not done by a long shot!!

btw: Come friend me on facebook..it's so much easier to stay in touch that way. Thanks!

p.

Well, I was back on patrol. Spent the last 2 hours or so looking. I went back by some of the places from yesterday, especially since someone told Phil that they saw him at 3:33 am at the Chili's. I checked the pound again, went by the ACU maintenance barn, gave fliers to the the Super 8 motel maintenance and housekeepers, the Abilene Independent School District Region 14 maintenance men, the City Marshall (Officer Baird) the mail carrier for the apartments I was at yesterday, the maintenance man at the Whitten Inn, and posted fliers on poles in the neighborhood of Griffin and Wildwood Trail and Griffin and EN 16th BECAUSE: We got a LEAD!! A lady named Charlotte called me and she lives near there. She and her daughter saw him late yesterday and when they got home, they found the flier in their mailbox (Good job, Phil!) Anyways, she and her daughter are going to go look around the area again today. (even though he was spotted back north of I-20) This guy gets around!! Thankfully, today isn't as hot as yesterday and maybe he's finding water somewhere. There are creeks all over the place, maybe he'll find one. Oh... I found another homeless man. He took a flier and said he "camps" around the Walmart and Chili's and he will watch too. I told him that if he sees Buster and gets a leash on him and calls me, I'll give him a $100. So I guess I have officially started my own reward pool. Who wants to pledge to this this pool? How much will you pledge for the safe return of Buster? Please think about it. God bless you!!

Talk about going above and beyond! I think you're guaranteed member of the year. Let me know if you're ever in the Tampa / Sarasota area. Food and drinks are on me.