Low priced regulated return options?

Turbo Man

Reaction score
After changing my regulator spring I went for a test drive and came back and did a inspection for leaks. I noticed my passenger fuel line in the valley has a issue. Right where the "P" clamp used to be is a brass compression coupler. Apparently the line wore through and the genius PO put the compression fitting in, and when installing it put a kink in the line as it comes out of the rear of the compression fitting which goes toward the back of the head! That Cant be good for flow!!! It looks like I'm going to at least have to upgrade my Feed lines from the bowl to the heads. I do have a Ford replacement passenger fuel line here on the bench. I think I will sell the factory line and upgrade instead. Anyone know what type and size fittings are needed to replace the feed line from the bowl to the head? How about hose type and rating. I know I may be going about this all wrong butt I have more time than money right now. I'm just trying to hold off on the $600 for a regulated return. I get my taxes back in a month and hope I can use that money elsewhere but will do a RR if I have no choice. Thank You. Almost forgot, On the twin pump subject I would assume using my new Bosch and my old Airtex I removed would not be a good idea? I would have to get another Bosch?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i wouldn't use the airtex...... theres no reason you cant use the stock lines. like ive said a couple times now, the stock fuel system should be fine for your injectors other then adding the second pump.

Turbo Man

Reaction score
8062BE6E-D445-449D-A7DC-E04E3CB160AC-362-0000004A44CBB04D.jpg

694374CD-CCDE-4B74-8852-AC10831C0E66-362-0000004A411AC585.jpg

I didn't think the Airtex would be a good idea. This is a pic of what I found on the line going to the rear of the passenger head. It's hard to see the kink the goof put in the fuel line because its on the bottom. What's the odds this guy cleaned off the bur created by the tubing cutter he probably used. Talking about a restriction! I'm going to have to do something with that!

Turbo Man

Reaction score
I ordered a FPR rebuild kit and I repaired/upgraded my fuel feed lines from the bowl to the heads with 3/8 hose. The fuel lines definatly made a difference. My pressure will run 68 doing 65 mph but when I get on it it will drop to 60. Way better than before. Both lines and fittings only cost me $45. I will see what the FPR does Saturday? If needed the second Bosch fuel pump will be on order Monday.

Turbo Man

Reaction score
I rebuilt the stock fuel pressure regulator today with the Ford kit. I made sure everything was clean inside. No change, I am still having almost a 10psi drop. What next? Fuelab regulator or twin Bosch fuel pumps?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
just twin pumps if you wanna save a little coin. those alone will flow enough for just about any injector there is.

edit: you actually dont need to do anything unless your running wot all the time and need top performance.
live life full throttle

Last edited:

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'd throw your extra airtex pump on in a parallel set-up. 2 Bosch pumps would be ideal, but since your on a budget, just use what you already have. Down the road you can always replace it with another Bosch. After that, if your still dropping pressure I would sell your fprx an just get either strictly's or DI's rr an be done with it

Latest posts

Members online