Mad turbo werks build::MAD TRUCK

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
This sounds like a very cool build. I have been wanting to try the diesel site HPOP and delivery system but can't justify it just yet. I am curious to to see what you find out.
One recommendation for you, and this is just my opinion, would be to ditch the factory limited slip and get something like a detroit tru-trac or a full locker. If you plan to make use of all the power you plan on making, the factory limited slip probably won't last long. It only took a couple of burnouts and one boosted launch for my truck, which is only in the low 500s for hp, to do a number on the factory differential.

I am looking forward to seeing how far you can take 175/75s.

Thank you, I just put this limited slip in, but taht was before I decided to build this truck. I will be ditching limited slip and installing a locker like you suggested. The 175/75 won't be in there that long before I move up to the 205/150. I do paln on hitting the track to see what kind of number I can get (trap speed).I need to get transmission built then 205/150 go in, followed by the HPOP and delivery system. I talk to a guy that told me that that was the best mod he ever did on his 2004 truck. Told me his pump was getting weak causing boost to drop each week, he's reading was 2000psi before he changed, then 4000psi with new pump and boost was up to 30psi again.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
UPDATE::::

OK got the truck running!!!
Alittle recap, I was putting in stage 3 in truck and didn't disconnect the batteries, I know and beleive me lesson well learned. I sparked off top of alternator and some how it shorted computer into default mode and couldn't load tunes on the ECM. Ran fine in stock but as soon as tune loaded the glow plugs would stay on for very long time, fuel gage didn't work and truck ran like crap, blew smoke idled like prostreet gasser.

So, I order new computer and after 3 weeks got one, so after 3 more weeks I got to truck(busy building turbos). Opened box for first time and what the ??? a underdash fuse box?So I got money back and then orderd another one this time a recondition one and got it in 4 days later. Open box checked it and after 2 more weeks (building more turbos) got to truck today.

Put stage 3 in truck and I'm running 175/75 injectors right now until I get truck running right then 205/150 go in.I started truck with stock tune fired right up and ran good, loaded only tune I had which is Vivians looney for 175/75 injectors and stock turbo. Started truck and hot dam it took the tune and ran smooth, all problems gone.

So how's truck run? every sluggish below 2000 rpm, stab throttle and she blow smoke out that would make a cummings boy yell hell yeh! but when turbo lites off it goes from 0psi to 44-45psi so fast you hardly can follow it. At 70 mph runs ok at about 780-800 egt and 1 psi of boost and samething a first stated.

I took some pictures of turbo(tweeked not same as regular stage 3)and videos of truck running, I wanted to get boost gage but I keep blowing of tee for boost line, once I get it fixed I will get the video of boost. Now remember I'm running 5.5 lift 37" tires stock 3:73 gears, 04 F250 4x4 ext. cab, and just a regular tune for 175/75 and stock turbo, not to mention that boost line pops off and I lose some boost out of it. I just want guys to get Idea of what it runs like now and will update as I fix the problem and get right tunning.I video is a non boosted launch just hit it and hang on. Hope you like it, feels good getting truck going again Thanks, Adrian
Pictures:::
stage 3 video 066.jpg

stage 3 video 068.jpg
Video:::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buw4KlwysKE

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Very Impressive. Been following these turbos and been very impressed. It pulls very hard down low ESP for 37's. Good Job man! Hope to give one a shot

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Adrian

That truck flat out hauls.

Good job bro, keep up the good work.

Jared

Sent from somewhere away from my desk using magic.

Thanks, just got a tune and will be trying out tomorrow, I will update and change the tee for boost to brass and tighten good so guys can see boost

c:OTE=Powerstrokeracing;430623]
Very Impressive. Been following these turbos and been very impressed. It pulls very hard down low ESP for 37's. Good Job man! Hope to give one a shot[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will be getting rid of 37" tire and putting 35" on the truck, when I get the rear and front end worked on lockers I'm changing to 4:10's that should really snap the truck off the line.I want to get truck ready for the track so I will be running stock tires or possibly slicks. Want to see want truck can put down with the above mods and 205/150.Should be pretty fast, I'm so glad I have my truck running again so I can get videos and times out fast.

Last edited:

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Adrian could you mod my powermax or do you only do stock turbo mods thanks plz pm me info thanks

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
UPDATE:::

Here's lastest on my truck build. I tried to run Matt's(gearhead tune) on the truck but egt's were high 1700 @ wot, didn't build to 44psi of boost either, so untill he can tweek, I went and got tunes from Vivian, lite fait brown smoke at idle and smoke everytime I hit on it, not if I rolled slow into it, same would hit 32psi and stop. Fuel pressure is at 65psi the whole time and Ficm is at 54.5 volts steady, doesn't drop at all. She tweeked it again and runs better but still something not right. I will try Eric's tunr next and see, but I have a feeling the same results are going to happen.

I'm not compairing tunes or saying one better then other, Matt did what he did, Vivian did what she does, but here's the deal I believe it's a problem with the truck and not the tuners.
So here's why, when I bought the injectors I bought 175/75, and put them in truck. Well from that day the truck runs high egts and is smokey, I had Matt write a tune for me and he kept tweeking, defueling and after 4th time he asked what size injectors you have? they are flow more than 175/75.
So I thought stock turbo wasn't good enough so I'll just go big on turbo and clean, and lower egts, the truck runs smooth, and idles smooth, but high egt, and smokier than most. I then went on with turbos for more and more air, until now. I'm running a stage 3 that cleans 190/100 and will not let truck go over 1400 egt. I'm running 175/75 and can peg 1700, somthing is not right. Vivian told me she has defueled 1/3 more fuel than Nate's 190/100 and I'm still getting problems.

So here's what I'm going to do, injectors will be coming out and will be flowed tested, seems like same thing that was happing to Garrett, and I'm not going to keep racking my head and tunes untill I find a good base. If injectors come back good, then I will look into the high pressure oil system. In the mean time I will be getting another set of injectors to replace the ones I have, so truck isn't down I have too much research to do.I really wanted the 175/75 injectors because I wanted to see, what kind of power and egts I could get. I was hoping for 550rwhp atleast, and low enough egts to tow max weight.

On side note I also have four new tires coming, going from 37" down to 35", Nitto dune grapplers( I like the flames on tread ).
Will keep everone posted. Thanks.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Where are the injectors from...sorry if you've mentioned it before I'm just on my phone and don't have the ability to search through and read right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I would rather not say right now, it may not be the injectors. Once I get them out and have them flow test, and if they are way out, and I'll have numbers, I may come out and say. Especially if I don't get money back or a matched set.

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
Pretty sure Warren since he bought from Dozers

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

alwil

Reaction score
I am doing the same with my 175/75 and I have not even put them in yet, they are going next week, I think I remember reading somewhere that we have injectors from the same builder.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I would rather not say right now, it may not be the injectors. Once I get them out and have them flow test, and if they are way out, and I'll have numbers, I may come out and say. Especially if I don't get money back or a matched set.

Good deal hopefully everything works out for you and they flow what they're supposed to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk