Mad Turbo Werks stage 4

strokin6L

Reaction score
everyone thought street driving 225s and a 66 was impossible, I drive around with no more smoke than 190s and a stock turbo. Its all in the tuning.

I don't think many people thought that was impossible...I never did. There's fuel there to spool the turbo. Can you say the same thing for the 175's and 371 that you were trying to compare earlier?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think were going way off track here and I think you missed my point, but I did skip over one of your posts so Its kind of my fault for the de-rail.

Back on topic.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Sorry to add to the off topic but i spooled the same charger greg has but with a crappy billet wheel with 190/stock nozzles with open spill ports perfectly fine. spooled great as a matter of fact.

carry on!

strokin6L

Reaction score
I think were going way off track here and I think you missed my point, but I did skip over one of your posts so Its kind of my fault for the de-rail.

Back on topic.

No prob Greg. Anyway it's good to know/see a 175 injector put down nearly 600hp regardless of what turbo was being used. Just never thought a 175 could deliver enough fuel to make that kind of power no matter what turbo it was paired with.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
What I love with these turbos is you can hook up to a 12k lb trailer after you are done at the dyno...Try that with your 66!

Not dogging your setup Greg (or anyone else with a similar setup), but there is no way that would be what I consider streetable. I need to drive to work, hook up a trailer if need be, and drag it up north with some steep grades. No way that would work for me...but for you flatlanders that have the ability to make your trucks a toy, more power to you!

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I live in the appalachians, towed 7k last month no problems( i know this isnt wuite 12k) but, In Overdrive pulling that weight isn't fun on a stock injector/turbo setup other than flat ground either. I was in 4th gear converter locked for 200 miles straight, 11 mpg, egts 800 on flats, 1000 up hills. If you know how to tow in the right tune with the right setup there is nothing to worry about. The 6.0 is worthless in overdrive towing unless its light or you're going 85mph in over drive. In 4th gear locked you're always in peak torque at 65mph, the 6.0 like mid rpm range.

sleeps

Reaction score
I hope the member ( e.nickkk ) on here doesn't get mad at me for spilling the beans, and comes on here to tell exactly what he has done. The Nick's truck is not a typical 6.0 powerstroke. He build the engine himself and actually is a engine builder so the engine he built for himself is not same as a most. What did he do I will let him tell you that.

So a little background, I was contacted by the member on here wanting a hybrid to replace the powermax he had. He told me the powermax was way too smokey for his 175/75 injectors. He said he had a lot of fuel pulled but stilled smoked, and wanted the hybrid to clear it. Normal the hybrid does handle 175/75 pretty good, but after he got the hybrid he told me he could add more fuel but still smokey. That when he told me that the heads on his truck flow twice as much as stock, and all the other stuff he did. I told him you need volume of air to get that engine feed, to build boost and make power. Hell he had such a free flowing motor that he couldn't pack the volume of air he needed to run clean.

Ok now the numbers on the dyno, remember this is not typical and I'm just repeating numbers of what he got, and hope he doesn't get mad at me. He is working with a tuner to dial it in so he might get a little more out of it.

MTW stage 4 with 175/75 injectors:: fuel only:
1st run: 587rwhp 1134 torque
2nd run: 591rwhp 1143 torque
3rd run: 588rwhp 1132 torque

MTW stage 4 with 205/100 injectors:: fuel only:
1st run: 631rwhp 1221 torque
2nd run: 656rwhp 1254 torque

I'm sharing numbers and do not wish to argue about track and all that stuff, I will get the proof for him as far as dyno charts, I do not make these numbers up and have a lot of stage 3 and 4 going out all over the states and Canada, so more numbers will be coming in as the year goes on.

I couldn't wait any longer for him to come out on what happen, the turbos
stage 3 and stage 4 are the real deal, I have not or will not cheat anyone, the numbers and results speak for themselves.

Look at the vendor section about some of the other things I have planned for the 6.0 VGT turbos, and am very happy that things are working out for me and the 6.0 powerstrokes. Thanks:fordoval:

so what do you think would be the perfect sized injectors to match up with the stage 4? unless ive missed the answer to that question.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I think the Stage 4 would be best suited with a 205-210cc injector with 100% nozzles. Should give around mid 600hp with over 45 psi of boost and keep peak EGTs around the 1500F mark. Truck should be smoke free if the tuning will let the charger build 50 psi of boost.

Last edited:

windrunner408

Reaction score
No we don't as of yet. I know guys have have done some data collecting on EBP on the smaller turbos, but I haven't talked with anyone yet about whether they have checked it on the Stage 3 and 4 turbos. Also, I am installing an EBP gauge on my truck and am going to start data collecting EBP readings. Yes I know people have been after this info for a while. We'll do the best we can to get it.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
so what do you think would be the perfect sized injectors to match up with the stage 4? unless ive missed the answer to that question.

The best injector match is really up to the combination of parts. For a engine that is built to flow a ton of air, you wouldn't need big injectors unless you have bigger turbo then the stage 4. Case in point is Nick's truck, I believe that his engine is so free flowing that the stage 4 will make yons of power with small injectors. I believe that a 190/75 would be the perfect match for him and he would make more power than the 205/100. Look at his numbers, he gained 40 extra horse power with the 205/100 over the 175/75. That wouldn't have happen in a engine with stock heads and manifolds. I know it sound backward but a less free flowing engine can run bigger injectors and get big horsepower, due to the turbo being better matched to force the air in the chambers. Nick simply needs a bigger turbo to force the air in to run the 205/100 and not be over fueled. I have done the numbers and depending of actual flow of this engine the 205/100 are too big and he is losing power with the stage 4. I'm I right? well lets see if Nick can get some 190/75 and see the power he makes. I will be getting my truck going really good after I get the bugs worked out, and should lay down some big numbers. Think about it James is puting down big numbers and would have been alot more if he can get a loaded dyno to work right. Briar made 630rwhp on Eric's dyno with 190/100 with stock heads, stock manifolds.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I forgot to put that Brair truck was also running a stage 3 not stage 4 when he hit 630rwhp on Eric's dyno fuel only with the 190/100 injectors. I really believe that in this truck that was the best combo. If he would have went with a stage 4, he would have gotten a small gain maybe a 20-30 rwhp more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.