Made the switch Kem to gearhead

3brorce

Reaction score
I just did 13mpg, running race half and hot street half, add in 3 full dyno pulls, 37's, not so light foot, And 15 minute idle warm ups in the morning, its not that bad. Get 14.5 on average

I know your on 37's but what mph does you torque converter lock? Is it pretty aggressive torque converter lockup? Can you switch trans tunes with the gearhead tunes or does he change it within hot street and race? What is the difference from the hot street trans strategy and the race?

Reaction score
No doubt. I loved his tunes on my 6.0 and I'm pretty sure these are even better. Hey Dorian I'm still planning on stopping by Monday morning for some more shirts :poke: and I'll let ya see what you think about Matt's tune on my truck. I also got me a CAC pipe and intake elbow.

Sounds good bud! We'll throw it on for ya.
Sorry for the hijacking the post.. back to you... and Matt! lol:toast:

MEAT

Reaction score
Is there any plans to move the tuning platform? I thought SCT stopped producing the offroad tuning devices. Would this mean I would have to already have an SCT or buy used just to run Gearhead tunes? Would be really nice to run this on a minimaxx since that was what I was planning on running.

TripleE44

Reaction score
There's still new scts around. I remember PTP saying they had enough to last a while, so I'm sure that's the case with the other shops.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
IDP still has a TON on the shelves. and I've talked to distributors-they're still out there. that and even when the offroad livewires are gone-there's still gonna be ways to get a livewire to accept these tunes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
all the devices will accept this tuning and any body elses, the way I see it is they will no longer have "canned" off road tuning from SCT... but tuners like matt eric, etc will still have the ability. Someone correct me if im wrong

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
all the devices will accept this tuning and any body elses, the way I see it is they will no longer have "canned" off road tuning from SCT... but tuners like matt eric, etc will still have the ability. Someone correct me if im wrong

if you buy a current 9625 not OR I believe Eric can send you something to where it'll work. but not the 9600 livewire. that being said I believe tuners can make any 6.4 livewire (9625) an offroad unit with special software.

Ronin

Reaction score
Another satisfied Gearhead customer...shocking...

NOT!

Can't wait to stud my motor and do a full EGR delete, etc. and let the hot tunes rip!

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Another satisfied Gearhead customer...shocking...

NOT!

Can't wait to stud my motor and do a full EGR delete, etc. and let the hot tunes rip!

I towed 8000 pounds today on the hot street with no issues prolly not a great idea but it worked. My egts never went over 1050.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Is there any plans to move the tuning platform? I thought SCT stopped producing the offroad tuning devices. Would this mean I would have to already have an SCT or buy used just to run Gearhead tunes? Would be really nice to run this on a minimaxx since that was what I was planning on running.

I have a hefty inventory available through one of my vendors that i sell. I can sell Livewires with IDP, RCD and Gearhead tuning.

They are out there.

Glad to see love for Matt on 6.4's.

anthony02tolson

Reaction score
I just bought Matts tune package for my SCT TSX.. First off let me say Matt by far seems like a great guy to do business with. He always answered all my questions and replied to all my e-mails quite quickly. So far the only tune i have messed with is The Street tune. Im give my trans a few days on it before i switch up to Hot Street. Im dying to try out the race tune as well but im really trying to push for studs and a egr delete kit first. Well see tho..But anyways so far so good. Just the street alone is a HUGE difference then my canned tunes! Very happy to say the least!

pog

Reaction score
I can't wait to run gearheads race tune. I'm running the lastest spartan 310 and love it. The power/shifting is awesome even with my crap stock trans that's barely hanging on. I used to run kems 310 and the spartan 310 seems stronger.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I believe it's gonba be a lost cause.. there's no real reason for them to tune on 2 platforms-especially when they've had so much experience with SCT.

pog

Reaction score
so right now i got the spartan 310 loaded, when i load the gearhead tune do i need to return the truck to stock with the dashdaq or just load the new tune over top? never have used a tuner other than dd. thanks

MINK

Reaction score
so right now i got the spartan 310 loaded, when i load the gearhead tune do i need to return the truck to stock with the dashdaq or just load the new tune over top? never have used a tuner other than dd. thanks

I loaded my Gearhead over my Innovative with no issues.

Latest posts

Members online