Manual Fog Light Switch

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
LOL This whole thread just to make the fogs turn on... JBONE!!!!!!!!!!!:blitzed: <----that ones you LOL

I just wanted to have full control of them. And yes, that does kind of look like me. That would either be a Heineken, Stella Artois, or St. Pauli Girl :D

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hod your alcohol son!! I can do it see --->:blitzed:<---you suck lol call the ambalance for JBONE!! LOL LOL

Jason

Reaction score
Why not just buy a different model headlight switch, and not have it "rigged" looking?? I can run fog lights only, markers and fogs, or headlights and fogs, with the factory switch.

I would assume you could still wire it so the fogs are on with the high beams too...this is how all my mustangs have been done as well.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Why not just buy a different model headlight switch, and not have it "rigged" looking?? I can run fog lights only, markers and fogs, or headlights and fogs, with the factory switch.

I would assume you could still wire it so the fogs are on with the high beams too...this is how all my mustangs have been done as well.

How is this "rigged" looking? There are no wires showing etc... And I don't believe you can get any headlight switch that will enable you to have the fogs on or off with all three headlight settings.

Jason

Reaction score
If you have auto headlights, you can. All the way to the left and pulled out is fogs only. Flip to parking lights and pull it out...fogs and parking lights...then of course headlights.

Fog lights on an auxiliary switch, is rigged, hate to sound like an ass, but it's what it is. Or, maybe it's the difference between being young and wanting something, and being older, and wanting it done right. OCD has it's perks I guess, like trailer plug wires that are shrink wrapped, and ran in wire loom tucked up out of the way as opposed to exposed and dangling.

RedSmokey

Reaction score

How is this "rigged" looking? There are no wires showing etc... And I don't believe you can get any headlight switch that will enable you to have the fogs on or off with all three headlight settings.

If you have auto headlights, you can. All the way to the left and pulled out is fogs only. Flip to parking lights and pull it out...fogs and parking lights...then of course headlights.

Fog lights on an auxiliary switch, is rigged, hate to sound like an ass, but it's what it is. Or, maybe it's the difference between being young and wanting something, and being older, and wanting it done right. OCD has it's perks I guess, like trailer plug wires that are shrink wrapped, and ran in wire loom tucked up out of the way as opposed to exposed and dangling.

Im not going to bother addressing you differnently, even though smut might deserve it... Just changing to the newer headlight switch wont change it. You have to manually change it. I have put a switch from an 03 that will run just the fogs with the running lights in my 01 and it will not work. YOu ahve to manually wire it. So for the haters with the newer trucks that are quick to jump to the conclusion of "just put in a newer switch" GFYS

Jason

Reaction score
I guess I'll take pics of it in the morning. Maybe the 70 year old man who had my truck before I did, was ahead of his time with wiring, and did things his way. Doubtful though.

You're trying to tell me, that with a "auto headlight" switch, you can't turn yours to the left, and pull it out, and ALL you get is foglights and nothing else???

Youre awful quick to jump and tell people to go *** themselves, or to shut the *** up. I must have missed the memo where you were the one and only voice on the one and only way something can possibly work. I was just making a suggestion to the OP, to just get the new switch, and wire the switch up the way he wants it. 100% possible, instead of having something that's a factory piece of equipment, on a jank ass toggle switch, to make it work the "cool" way. *** me for liking things more factory like.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I guess I'll take pics of it in the morning. Maybe the 70 year old man who had my truck before I did, was ahead of his time with wiring, and did things his way. Doubtful though.

You're trying to tell me, that with a "auto headlight" switch, you can't turn yours to the left, and pull it out, and ALL you get is foglights and nothing else???

Youre awful quick to jump and tell people to go *** themselves, or to shut the *** up. I must have missed the memo where you were the one and only voice on the one and only way something can possibly work. I was just making a suggestion to the OP, to just get the new switch, and wire the switch up the way he wants it. 100% possible, instead of having something that's a factory piece of equipment, on a jank ass toggle switch, to make it work the "cool" way. *** me for liking things more factory like.

Well I wanted it on a separate switch. That was stated in my first post. I guess we have a different definition of "rigged". As you can see in the pictures I posted, the wires were shrink wrapped and no wires were ever cut.

As far as the auto headlights switch. I don't have it, and I am not going to pay that much money to see if it works or not. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't pay that much money if I knew it would work because it is really not that big of deal to me to have a toggle switch.

I'm assuming since you like the "factory look" so much that you do not have a tuner, trailer brakes, or anything else that would require a switch, knob, or monitor. I would hate to be limited to what I could do because "I like the factory look".

You really don't need to post in a thread that you disagree with. How hard would it have been to think to yourself, "Eh, I don't like that", and move on. I clearly stated that I wanted a toggle switch and that is what I did.

Jason

Reaction score
Lol...I've got trailer brakes, a chip knob, and even a-pillar gauges. Hell, I've even got a GPS suction cupped to my windshield. I guess your idea of factory, is can't have anything aftermarket..what I meant by factory, was being able to pass as it came off the assembly line that way. My prodigy is the only thing that looks out of place really...chip knob is mounted right next to my esof control, in the same engraved square piece actually. Gauge pod is painted exact same tan, and my gauges match the factory gauges, so anybody that knows, obviously knows that they aren't oem, but it's all a match...factory appearance. Far cry from a auto zone toggle switch in the middle of the dash piece.

You two retards are taking what I said way out of context, and can't wrap your minds around doing things the right way, or doing them half assed. I'll give you another example of the half assed stuff I have seen on these forums...a 6 speed swap, and leaving the column shifter in place, or the prnd21 display in the dash afterwards. I even went as far as to get all the screws, and clips for my air dam, and fog lights when I put a new front bumper on. Versus going to a hardware store and sourcing them, granted I'm sure you could find a good portion of it there, I didn't pay anything for the bolts and clips, and I've got the exact parts numbers for the matching pieces that came on it new.

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Lol...I've got trailer brakes, a chip knob, and even a-pillar gauges. Hell, I've even got a GPS suction cupped to my windshield. I guess your idea of factory, is can't have anything aftermarket..what I meant by factory, was being able to pass as it came off the assembly line that way. My prodigy is the only thing that looks out of place really...chip knob is mounted right next to my esof control, in the same engraved square piece actually. Gauge pod is painted exact same tan, and my gauges match the factory gauges, so anybody that knows, obviously knows that they aren't oem, but it's all a match...factory appearance. Far cry from a auto zone toggle switch in the middle of the dash piece.

You two retards are taking what I said way out of context, and can't wrap your minds around doing things the right way, or doing them half assed. I'll give you another example of the half assed stuff I have seen on these forums...a 6 speed swap, and leaving the column shifter in place, or the prnd21 display in the dash afterwards. I even went as far as to get all the screws, and clips for my air dam, and fog lights when I put a new front bumper on. Versus going to a hardware store and sourcing them, granted I'm sure you could find a good portion of it there, I didn't pay anything for the bolts and clips, and I've got the exact parts numbers for the matching pieces that came on it new.

Yes... I believe factory means that nothing is aftermarket LOL

RedSmokey

Reaction score

I appologize for my comment. Did not mean it all, except possiblly for smut. Anyways, just putting the auto switch in will NOT work. I have tried, it wont. Im sure there is some way you can cut/splice into the wiring and make a new switch work, but it is not a simple plug and play.

Jason

Reaction score
^^ this. I didn't imply it was a plug and play, and if when reading it was taken that way, then my bad. What I meant was I would have tried doing all the wiring with the multi position light switch, instead of having a factory option, wired in on a totally separate switch, just to run fogs with high beams on.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Not at all your bad, just mine and I appologize for what I said/the way I said it. As for the lights, Its not just the high beams, non-auto switch trucks cant run just the fogs with running lights. Have to have the headlights on for fogs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.