Manual to auto

BFT

Reaction score
Just trying to weigh the pros and cons on doing the swap. After following brooks thread it makes me want to go to an auto (I like the manual but Cali traffic on a grade is a muther ***er).
I've thought about running a PCS since it's stand alone and I have manual tuning and the truck itself is manual. I'd like to be as stock as possible. Any thoughts and inputs would be greatly appreciated.

MINK

Reaction score
Whats your goals with the truck? I think if you were gonna get into racing it more I would say go ahead and do a built 48re and pcs - the 5r isnt bad but the 48 plain rips when tuned well.

BFT

Reaction score
That was part if the reason for the PCS is that I have options for different trans to run. I'm not going to be racing (unless I get sh!t faced and start handing out my keys)
The truck is basically my work truck, just like the CCSB I had.

jdgleason

Reaction score
That was part if the reason for the PCS is that I have options for different trans to run. I'm not going to be racing (unless I get sh!t faced and start handing out my keys)
The truck is basically my work truck, just like the CCSB I had.

I love when this happens.

You know how nice it was to have an auto! Can't beat it with long trips and traffic.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
ive been lobbying for this from day one. may be better off selling and buying.

BFT

Reaction score
I'd rather keep the truck if it came down to that. I like the manual but I'd rather have the auto for ease and also because my wife can drive it if it came down to it.

But let's get back on track... I know what's needed in my mind but just seeing if its worth it to do it. I can use the money I'd spend on a clutch to start buying everything minus the tranny.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd rather keep the truck if it came down to that. I like the manual but I'd rather have the auto for ease and also because my wife can drive it if it came down to it.

But let's get back on track... I know what's needed in my mind but just seeing if its worth it to do it. I can use the money I'd spend on a clutch to start buying everything minus the tranny.

shut ur coktube.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I agree with mike, it may be easier to sell it and buy an auto. Just keep your eyes open and you may run across a great deal. Maybe with the manual somebody can't steal it and do donuts to piss off the old folks.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Just drink a 40 and go drive down the freeway backwards with a blindfold on. You wont have to worry about traffic essay!!!

Latest posts

Members online