modded idm

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ya, Its the factory IDM, so its hard saying.

We will see. Need to plan for Xmas right now so truck stuff is low on the list.

Injectors have been rebuilt 5 or 6 times and the cores have over 500k on them so...LOL

Desertdweller

Reaction score
For those that ordered the swamps units from us, post up your results please! We love to hear what people are seeing before and after

Just installed my swamps IDM from Derek@vision diesel.. Before I had no issues and truck ran well/normal.
After: I noticed right away how fast it started up and how good it idles, a little quieter too. The throttle responce improvement is also very impressive. I will drive it tomorrow and see how it runs.

Derek @ vision diesel was very helpfull and shipping was fast.

Last edited:

dmd

Reaction score
Mine died so I sent it in. They were able to get it working and modified it.

First thing I noticed was how quiet the motor was, that old one was probably going
out for a long time. Ran much better.

pontiacross

Reaction score
Ya, Its the factory IDM, so its hard saying.

We will see. Need to plan for Xmas right now so truck stuff is low on the list.

Injectors have been rebuilt 5 or 6 times and the cores have over 500k on them so...LOL

The high voltage ficms seem to help the 6.0s with worn injectors so it could help the 7.3s when they are cold

I just put the modded idm out of my puller in my tow rig so ill post how I like it in a few days

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just installed my swamps IDM from Derek@vision diesel.. Before I had no issues and truck ran well/normal.
After: I noticed right away how fast it started up and how good it idles, a little quieter too. The throttle responce improvement is also very impressive. I will drive it tomorrow and see how it runs.

Derek @ vision diesel was very helpfull and shipping was fast.
Glad your enjoying it!!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Kicking myself for waitin this long to get one!

In the beginning it was just a high voltage mod, nothing special. The reason being is when the voltage was raised, the pulse width was narrowed because of it. Now that they are increasing frequency along with raising the voltage its a whole new ball game!

High Voltage/ High Frequency Modification takes the cake!

907stroker

Reaction score
So what does it REALLY do
What's the REAL Benifits, I have an early 99 an I'm sure mine could be worn out

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So what does it REALLY do
What's the REAL Benifits, I have an early 99 an I'm sure mine could be worn out

As the IDM becomes older and older the distance or wave length becomes longer and longer which will greatly reduce performance and mileage if it gets bad enough. So rebuilding it basically puts it back where it should be, then they go and increase the voltage, resulting in a more crisp activation of the solenoid on top of the injector. When the voltage is increased that shortens the pulse width backdown, so the frequency is increased to counter balance that.

All in all, resulting in better throttle response, less injector noise, smoother idle, more power up top with larger injectors. The modification is noticed on stock injectors, but gets even better the larger you go.

Something I would suggest for anyone that owns a 7.3.

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
Seemed to help with start up and throttle response. Happy with it. My truck is a daily driver. Vision Diesel was helpful with the order. Only had it a couple days. So don't know about mileage gains.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Seemed to help with start up and throttle response. Happy with it. My truck is a daily driver. Vision Diesel was helpful with the order. Only had it a couple days. So don't know about mileage gains.

Whats the name? Just wanting to put a name and screen name together with our customers!

I would guess Matt Kempe, but I could be way off!

Latest posts

Members online