MPD Budget Turbo kit install

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
What is the need for you to be the moderator here?.I didn't use names,am I not allowed to give my honest opinion?Thats all it is.If you don't like it,so be it

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
you are bashing two of THE BEST KNOWN FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE in power-stoke performance. Instead of babying about it in multiple threads, why not send a pm or email-or heaven forbid, pick up the phone and call!?

on edit...i have no limit intakes on 6.0/6.4/6.7 all of which hang the same way with tens of thousands of miles on them with no issues...
Have a no limit on my 6.0. Once you get it tweeked just right. It's mass size keeps it in place lol. Just make sure the maf is top center or the filter will rib the battery and ruin your pre filter.

Mike gave me great customer service. Called and emailed late Friday night during a wedding party.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Just that when the the filter is installed,the MAF sensor is hitting ,running the AC line ,I guess stupidity on my part

williamallen13

Reaction score
Make sure your upper intake is seated properly. I had to clearance mine because it was hitting the turbo

i think your truck gets confused when you drive it. go 0-80 @ 25% throttle, then 50% then 100% and dont let off until it is in 6th gear.

as far as what the tech said, what is rail pressure doing? if the pump cant keep up, a lift pump will do nothing for you...

This video shows the rail pressure. It does get up to 28k psi. It doesn't seem to be dropping at wot but I'm not really getting on it to hard. I've noticed it does spool better in the level 3 tune.
Like I said I was told there is a fuel knock which I'm trying to get the tune looked at and see if it has anything to do with the fuel knock or if it can be tuned out. I made a couple videos for PIP to look at and see what could be done to help. He's said he'd look at it Monday. I was also told SCT tuners can't do a larger HPFP or dual fuelers and I don't want to get a new tuner now. Is 28k psi on the 2011 hpfp a solid number or should it be higher? This is the video with the rail pressure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWfIXxv679k&feature=youtu.be

Codydiesel

Reaction score
28k rail is great that's about right were you want it, 29.5 is the best it could be but doesn't have to be that as long as it doesn't drop below 26.5 your good at wot. The fuel knock I wouldn't worry about its usually the low end fueling being ramped up for racing and getting off the line at the strip.

williamallen13

Reaction score
28k rail is great that's about right were you want it, 29.5 is the best it could be but doesn't have to be that as long as it doesn't drop below 26.5 your good at wot. The fuel knock I wouldn't worry about its usually the low end fueling being ramped up for racing and getting off the line at the strip.
In your opinion would getting a lift pump help at all with the fuel knock? I just don't want to spend the money if it's not really going to do aything when I could spend the money on a new intercooler or a piping kit.
I would like to get a bigger HPFL or duals but from what I was told SCT tuners can't turn it in?

Codydiesel

Reaction score
A lift pump won't do anything it's just in the tuning at is causing it. Stock lift pumps are good for 800+ hp, I would spend the money on upgraded piping. Imo dual fuel will kill a 63 quick even a 15 pump will stress the turbo bad. Stock 11-14 fuel keeps the turbo happy , if you go with more fuel go to a bigger turbo like a 66. Sct can do dual fuel.

Reaction score
A lift pump won't do anything it's just in the tuning at is causing it. Stock lift pumps are good for 800+ hp, I would spend the money on upgraded piping. Imo dual fuel will kill a 63 quick even a 15 pump will stress the turbo bad. Stock 11-14 fuel keeps the turbo happy , if you go with more fuel go to a bigger turbo like a 66. Sct can do dual fuel.

The idea that stock lift pumps can do 800+ is a huge misconception. Stock lift pumps have been known to do 800+ on a few select vehicles but saying that all can is naive. I get customers calling in all of the time to buy our low pressure system because they are losing pressure on multiple configurations and tunes.

Just because a very small crowd has done it, does not make is gospel. Saying that all trucks can do 800+ on the stock pump because someone heard someone did it a few times would be like me saying you can do 800+ on stock rods because I saw H&S Performance do it multiple times on multiple occasions.

Anyway, carry on!

williamallen13

Reaction score
I have been trying to get the tune redone to fix the knock but can't get a response. I have 1 tune that works out of 4 and I know I was told specifically that the SCT tuners can't tune more fuel.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I would wait a week to see if they can get in contact with you and see if they can get you new tunes. After that I would look into going with another custom tuner for your sct , or consider ditching the sct and get a mini maxx with custom tunes from maryland or midwest.

Dallas sorry if I struck a nerve about my statement, i wasn't doing it off hear say I have been in the 800+ hp truck and had a sensor on the low pressure side to monitor it and it held 50+ psi with no signs of going below that and checked other vehicles with dual fuel in the 650-700 range with the same results so I guess I'm getting lucky. Not trying to lie to anyone just sharing what I have seen.

Reaction score
I would wait a week to see if they can get in contact with you and see if they can get you new tunes. After that I would look into going with another custom tuner for your sct , or consider ditching the sct and get a mini maxx with custom tunes from maryland or midwest.

Dallas sorry if I struck a nerve about my statement, i wasn't doing it off hear say I have been in the 800+ hp truck and had a sensor on the low pressure side to monitor it and it held 50+ psi with no signs of going below that and checked other vehicles with dual fuel in the 650-700 range with the same results so I guess I'm getting lucky. Not trying to lie to anyone just sharing what I have seen.

No, you're totally fine man. I'm just saying that that statement gets thrown around a lot while I continue to have customers call in because they are dropping pressure in the 600-700 range. I just wanted to clarify so people don't ignore a low pressure issue when, in fact, it can totally be the factory pump not keeping up.

williamallen13

Reaction score

What do you mean kill?or stress? I was told go with the 363 so it would spool similar to factory and that the 363 could do up to 45 psi. I am only seeing maybe 33psi at wot and my mpgs have gone from 18 mpg around town to about 12 mpgs. I was thinking they'd be better since it was moving more air? With stock turbo I could get 22 mpg on the highway with factory wheels and michelins. Once I got 24 from Chattanooga to Atlanta but I did 65 about the whole way and really watched it.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
It's all in the tune, cruising at 65 I would get 20 mpg on 35s and I usually get 14-16 city. what I mean by stress and kill is the health of the turbo. Stressing it means it can handle it but it won't be happy with the full fuel avalible the life of the turbo will be shortened. Kill it means that in a short time if you like having fun with your truck that the turbo will be junk. It took me less then a year on my 63 that it was bad and needed replaced but I abuse my truck. 63s can make 45 psi but they dont like going that high.

jcain

Reaction score

So Maryland him-hawd this poor guy around on a $5 pedestal gasket (and told him to run the truck without it.....) and you mention he should now try/buy their tuning. That's almost rude...

getstroked27

Reaction score
So Maryland him-hawd this poor guy around on a $5 pedestal gasket (and told him to run the truck without it.....) and you mention he should now try/buy their tuning. That's almost rude...

We didn't him-haw around at all. customer stated he absolutely needed his truck the next day so the tech said to run it for the day if he didn't have any other options. then we got nailed with 30+ inches of snow and had no way of shipping the gasket for a couple days. We did everything in our power to get everything fixed and squared away. the tech even gave him his personal number and talked him through the install over the course of the weekend.

Latest posts

Members online