MPD Budget Turbo kit install

sootie

Reaction score
We didn't him-haw around at all. customer stated he absolutely needed his truck the next day so the tech said to run it for the day if he didn't have any other options. then we got nailed with 30+ inches of snow and had no way of shipping the gasket for a couple days. We did everything in our power to get everything fixed and squared away. the tech even gave him his personal number and talked him through the install over the course of the weekend.

Wait...so do you work for Alligator Performance? or Maryland Performance Diesel...

Codydiesel

Reaction score
So Maryland him-hawd this poor guy around on a $5 pedestal gasket (and told him to run the truck without it.....) and you mention he should now try/buy their tuning. That's almost rude...

Yes he may of had troubles with them forgetting a gasket but no company is prefect and they did make it right. I have never had a problem with Marylands tunes and if I needed something changed I got it in short time. I just recommended what I have personally tried and had the best success with. Maybe there is better now but when i tried other companies like g******d and tsd they ran good but the maryland tune just felt stronger imo.

williamallen13

Reaction score
MPD tech did help me a lot with the install but there also wasn't instructions.
MPD recommended another company for tuning but I decided to use a different company that I found on this site. That company said it was $349 and even emailed me an invoice for $349. Yesterday I saw my c.c. statement where I was billed an extra $100. When I found out yesterday I called and was told it was supposed to be $449 and "sorry I guess I could have called?" Really is this how companies are run? You make a pricing mistake and instead of eating the $100 you just run my card and don't call. I even have an invoice that states $349 for tunes.
So on top of that and after not getting any help with the tuning to fix the fuel knocking I finally just told them to give me a refund so I can get tuning else where in which I was told if that if it would make me happy he'd look into it and call me back today. As of now, of course no call. I was also told by this company SCT tuners weren't able to do any extra fueling so if I wanted dual fuelers in the future I couldn't do it with this tuner.
I have found a company that has this kit on their actual truck and has seat time writing tunes for this kit and turbo. After speaking with them I was given references of other guys numbers to call to ask about the tunes they have and if they liked them. So once I get the refund I will be getting their tunes, I just don't have the $399 to buy them now.

jcain

Reaction score
MPD recommended another company for tuning but I decided to use a different company that I found on this site. That company said it was $349 and even emailed me an invoice for $349. Yesterday I saw my c.c. statement where I was billed an extra $100. When I found out yesterday I called and was told it was supposed to be $449 and "sorry I guess I could have called?" Really is this how companies are run? You make a pricing mistake and instead of eating the $100 you just run my card and don't call. I even have an invoice that states $349 for tunes.
So on top of that and after not getting any help with the tuning to fix the fuel knocking I finally just told them to give me a refund so I can get tuning else where in which I was told if that if it would make me happy he'd look into it and call me back today. As of now, of course no call. I was also told by this company SCT tuners weren't able to do any extra fueling so if I wanted dual fuelers in the future I couldn't do it with this tuner.
I have found a company that has this kit on their actual truck and has seat time writing tunes for this kit and turbo. After speaking with them I was given references of other guys numbers to call to ask about the tunes they have and if they liked them. So once I get the refund I will be getting their tunes, I just don't have the $399 to buy them now.

MPD recommended another company for tunes on their own turbo kit? Was it because you insist on using the SCT platform?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

actually , you were quoted $499 for 4 non vgt tunes on an obsolete device. you really pushed for a better price because your budget was so tight so i gave my sales guy authority to knock 10% off the tunes and the price went to $449 . you THEN asked that because you didnt have enough money on one card, if we could break the charges up on 2 cards. my sales guy did make a mistake and charged one card $249 and the other $100 when it should have been $200 . He charegd the appropriate amoutn and immediately sent a second receipt. these tunes cost us alot of money too. so THEN you complained about the tuning , and not once mentioning that you had a significant boost leak , that the tunes were the problem. so THEN we got you a new TEST tune , that had you mentioned you did an incomplete install , nobody would have done for you until it was mechanically sound. THEN you mention that "X" company HAS tuned this setup with no problem and didnt understand the problem, when from the beginning the problem was your installation. the funny thing is we have tuned MANY setups just like yours, but you were limited to options because you are using an obsolete device. the tunes you got work well and are proven in many setups , but because now you believe you could do better elsewhere , you want a refund. you have created a big mess with this whole install , and i hate to say it but tunes are intellectual property , and there are no refunds on them , because you CAN'T return them. i CAN say this was a learning experience on both ends , and i hope it runs well for you. we did our very best for you , and any tuning changes you need going forward can still be adjusted if needbe.

jcain

Reaction score
And there's the 3rd side to the story. OP, you're a bitch for playing the boohoo me card and not disclosing the FULL story. And you're ****ing stupid.

williamallen13

Reaction score
The Friday after I put the gasket on and it looked at by a Ford tech I tried to contact you for help with the tunes and you never answered my email so I emailed again and you said you'll look into it Monday. Monday you never called so I emailed again and you said contact PIP. I did and got no reply. Then I noticed the unauthorized transaction so I contacted you about that. You replied real fast then. When I paid I was told by Luke the total was $349 period. I have an invoice showing $349. When your employee makes a mistake on a price you don't make unauthorized transactions to fix it. You call the customer first and ask if you want the money or you just use IT as a learning experience. I paid your company for the tunes so you can at least give me some advice on how the truck should or shouldn't be running. You should also try to contact PIP when I got no reply. I did not pay pip for anything, I paid you. Lije I said I have tried to contact them and have gotten no response. Someone else commented about once no limit gets your money there's no customer service, I should have listened.
As for the unauthorized transaction for the additional $100, that and the whole amount is being worked out with my c.c. company since I have not gotten what I paid for which are functioning tunes that work properly. The truck has a bad fuel knock, spools like crap, and smokes like hell. But then again it is an obsolete device so I'm sure that's the problem.

bdm1981

Reaction score
First of all you shouldn't have ran the truck without the gasket. That sounds to me like it was the biggest issue you had with your truck. I have had a few issues with mine and Mike was always there to help in any way that he can. Pointing fingers at different people on here (especially vendors) isn't going to win you any points with anyone. I've had issues with mine and never put the blame on someone else. You have to realize when your running a big business like No Limit or MPD they have more than enough customers besides yourself that they have to deal with on a daily basis. These guys are so cosumed with it that they don't have time to themselves. I never expect them to help me with a problem right away but know they will contact me when the get a free chance to answer any questions I have. From what I see from your posts you transaction with No Limit was more than likely an error on your part. Sorry to hear about your truck and hope the issues will be resolved. Learn from the experience and move on.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The Friday after I put the gasket on and it looked at by a Ford tech I tried to contact you for help with the tunes and you never answered my email so I emailed again and you said you'll look into it Monday. Monday you never called so I emailed again and you said contact PIP. I did and got no reply. Then I noticed the unauthorized transaction so I contacted you about that. You replied real fast then. When I paid I was told by Luke the total was $349 period. I have an invoice showing $349. When your employee makes a mistake on a price you don't make unauthorized transactions to fix it. You call the customer first and ask if you want the money or you just use IT as a learning experience. I paid your company for the tunes so you can at least give me some advice on how the truck should or shouldn't be running. You should also try to contact PIP when I got no reply. I did not pay pip for anything, I paid you. Lije I said I have tried to contact them and have gotten no response. Someone else commented about once no limit gets your money there's no customer service, I should have listened.
As for the unauthorized transaction for the additional $100, that and the whole amount is being worked out with my c.c. company since I have not gotten what I paid for which are functioning tunes that work properly. The truck has a bad fuel knock, spools like crap, and smokes like hell. But then again it is an obsolete device so I'm sure that's the problem.

stay classy.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Wow....

People just like you are the ones that eat the entire meal at a resturant then complain and ask for free service.

Unreal, what exactly were you thinking when installing a turbo without a gasket.

The cool part is once Mike proves to your CC company he delivered what was agreed upon you'll be in for it on your end.

Please sell your diesel and drive a Prius. They take trades at the toyota dealership.

Notneb

Reaction score
Who orders crap for their truck to the extent they have to use TWO credit cards to pay for $400 of stuff... Someone needs to make better life choices...

tigwerks

Reaction score
i dont see the big issue not running a gasket, that mount should have a flat machined surface as well as the turbo housing. Its somewhat common in high performance applications to not run a gasket due to blowing out the gasket. As long as you have 2 good machined surfaces you shouldnt have an issue.

sootie

Reaction score
i dont see the big issue not running a gasket, that mount should have a flat machined surface as well as the turbo housing. Its somewhat common in high performance applications to not run a gasket due to blowing out the gasket. As long as you have 2 good machined surfaces you shouldnt have an issue.

huh? the purpose of a gasket is to keep the pressure where it belongs. if gaskets are being blown, that means pressure is escaping. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.