MTW stage 3 time!

strokin6L

Reaction score
Saturday was raining when I was testing out the tunes Eric sent me. I was trying out the early lockup tune after I had tried the late lockup one. Started to accelerate from a stop then started to roll into the throttle kinda hard. Truck started to hydroplane and go sideways...so I had to let out of it to straighten it out. Heart skipped a beat and almost $hit myself haha! Would rather get the tunes dialed in and for the turbo and trans go through a good relearn before going WOT.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Ok, just got back from going for another test drive to test out the x-street revision. Here's my readings now cruising at 65mph and 15-16% throttle...egt's 700*, boost was 3psi, BP was 3psi and vgt% duty cycle was at 38-39%. Seemed a bit better and more responsive than the first one. It was 50* outside 10* colder from when I tested on Saturday....so that's why egt's are probably lower. This thing really pulls nice for not being a full blown race tune. Gonna try if I can get Eric to give it a couple more pounds of boost while cruising. So far this last revision seemed to help and i'm really loving this turbo.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Been a while since I've updated this. Eric has been making a lot of revisions on this x-street tune to get cruising boost at 65mph where I like it. Now at 65mph with 17-18% throttle...egts are 730-750*, boost is now up to 4.5-5psi, BP is 6psi and vgt% duty cycle is 44-45%. So now it's on to getting a X-X tune written. I really think a ported intake and an aftermarket torque converter will really wake it up. But that's next years upgrades.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Alright....got a x-x tune from Eric and just tried it out. I think something is wrong somewhere. No leaks what so ever. But I rolled into the throttle at about 75% and only seen around 22psi of boost. Can a weak HPOP cause low boost? Wonder if mine is weak. Power seems about the same as the x-street.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Alright....got a x-x tune from Eric and just tried it out. I think something is wrong somewhere. No leaks what so ever. But I rolled into the throttle at about 75% and only seen around 22psi of boost. Can a weak HPOP cause low boost? Wonder if mine is weak. Power seems about the same as the x-street.

I'd check the high pressure oil voltage, lack of fueling will cause low boost. Compare values with your Xtreme Street.

Shane

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'd check the high pressure oil voltage, lack of fueling will cause low boost. Compare values with your Xtreme Street.

Shane
Voltage and psi never read correctly when tuned on my truck. Voltage will only go up to 2.3v and psi will only go to 1520psi when tuned. Eric told me that's normal with his tuning and ficm tuning. Talked to him numerous times about this.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Put more miles on. I don't know what the heck I was looking at when I drove earlier...but in 5th gear lockup I hit 27psi at 55-60% throttle. My bad for saying 75%. I didn't put many miles on the x-street revision tunes...maybe 40% throttle was the most throttle I gave each revision with only about 30 miles between revisions till it was were it is now. I think what makes it hard to get a feel of how much power it has...is that power doesn't come on till like around 35-40% throttle. It'd be nice if power came on sooner....like 25% and make the peddle more sensitive so it feels stronger. I think that's why it feels weak....power just comes on late at a higher throttle %. There's probably not an issue...just gotta drive it some more and see what it does at WOT once it goes through a good relearn.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Truck has been running good. Adjusting the water injection a little. Took out the 225 nozzle and switched it for a 375. So running one 375 and one 625 nozzles. Started to get some parts together for this next spring. Ordered a set of MPD's up pipes and RCD's egr delete pipe. Here's RCD's delete pipe. Awesome quality and the welds are top notch.

Attachments

• IMG_20131022_121344_379.jpg
    IMG_20131022_121344_379.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20131022_121401_632.jpg
    IMG_20131022_121401_632.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online