My 6.0 build

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Left right as the boost was coming up on 15psi. I hit the lockup switch a touch to early and it started to hop. By the time I let off the damage was done. Fixed the axle and did new u joints in both sides. But the front diff sounds BAD and the trans seems as if the reverse hub is broken. Time for a billet one

ford rules

Reaction score
Not trying to derail your thread but is the lockup switch written into your tune or is it something you have to wire up in the truck?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Not trying to derail your thread but is the lockup switch written into your tune or is it something you have to wire up in the truck?

It's wired into the truck. hit the switch, converter locks up. Only for the track. Throws a bunch of codes and easy to break stuff... which I found out the hard way last night

MorganY

Reaction score
Just saw your thread in the tech section so I thought I'd check back over here. Damn, I'd definitely say you snapped something in the trans. Good times though

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Yeah we're pulling it apart Tuesday. No big deal to pull it out lol. Hoping its just. Broken low/reverse hub. Truck still moves and drives but the front diff is definitely chewed up too so going to pull that apart Tuesday and take a look

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I think truetracs will be a better not so interesting option. I'll leave the welded diff nonsense to my drift car...

ford rules

Reaction score
Ya truetracs are the way to go, although my DD has had a welded rear diff for close to 2 yrs now.
Whens the trans comming back out?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
so while the truck is down I've been thinking on how I can make the engine bay look real nice... not sure if I want to coat the piping or leave it raw right now. Think I should get the compressor housing polished? Next project is to loom everything nice and make this thing look good so I can pop the hood... and not be embarrassed LOL. bring on the suggestions. Also hoping to have a custom intake elbow and cold side pipe made in stainless when Craig gets his CNC machine!

photo-6_zpsdbaed819.jpg

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Because I'd rather wait until Craig can build me a stainless setup. The banks was on the truck when I got it... Clearly why this truck makes power. It's pretty extreme LOL

Latest posts

Members online