My 86 Fummins Project

Matt_P

Reaction score
Sky 3" reverse shackle showed up today, I got everything completely tore down and got most of the suspension parts all cleaned up and ready for rust sealer and paint. Just need to clean up the driveshafts, crossmember and rear axle and I can get it all rust sealed. Gloss black urethane top coat should be going on everything saturday.

10971752306_4fb75c5fd9_c.jpg

Some of the parts I sandblasted

10971832384_8e38a7c138_c.jpg

Cant wait til I can finally put all these pieces back together
10971742466_176e92c8c7_c.jpg

dana 60 all cleaned up
10971821124_f6d290737f_c.jpg

DHFF

Reaction score
Good lord you are ambitious. What a project. Can't wait to watch it go together.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Lookin' killer! It's always nice when you have the time, money, and resources to do a job thoroughly and properly.

Thanks Wayne I appreciate it! It does make it a whole lot nicer when you have all those things. That's the main reason I had put this project off for a year and I'm just glad I'm finally back at it! I'm gonna make sure I do everything as thoroughly as possible with no corners cut. My goal is to have this truck look brand new and better than when I got it when I was 16.

Also I decided on paint color for the truck. Tuxedo black metallic

Good lord you are ambitious. What a project. Can't wait to watch it go together.

Thanks! I'm very anxious to start putting it together!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Finally some really good progress was made today! Got everything for the rolling chassis cleaned up and into the paint booth. Big thanks goes out to my buddies for their paint and body expertise, cant wait til they get started on the body of the truck! Reassembly will start monday when the paint has had enough time to cure
11022227363_cc68e80b41.jpg

11022113476_f2e61280f5.jpg

11022236803_72875bd363.jpg

11022181964_c1301a1212.jpg

11022238543_c382d6df72.jpg

JMart

Reaction score
What are you trying to do? Create the worlds hardest jigsaw puzzle?

If I tore a truck down that much I would just end up with a craigslist add thats titled "garage full of painted parts" a few years later.

Matt_P

Reaction score
I Like it can't wait to ser it go together.

Sent from my shoe phone

Thanks!

wow matt that looks great!! makes me wanna tear mine all apart and clean it all like you did! pure motivation

Thank you! I figured I should get up my motivation to get this in depth with it since I had the resources to do it, plus I figured I already hadnt drove it in 6 years so whats a couple more months? LOL

What are you trying to do? Create the worlds hardest jigsaw puzzle?

If I tore a truck down that much I would just end up with a craigslist add thats titled "garage full of painted parts" a few years later.

hahaha it is kind of turning into a much bigger puzzle than I had originally planned, but I want to make sure its all done right and make sure I keep up motivation so it doesnt turn into a pile of painted parts sitting around LOL

Looking great Matt!

-French

Thanks French!

That looks awesome!

Thank You!

I was only able to get a little done before I had to leave for home for thanksgiving. I got the reverse shackle kit installed and all the new rear leaf hangers bolted on. Should have all my new parts for the axles and stainless steel brake lines next week and I can go from there

JMart

Reaction score
We will stay on your ass and make sure you stay motivated. I want to see how this turns out.

Matt_P

Reaction score
We will stay on your ass and make sure you stay motivated. I want to see how this turns out.

Sounds good to me buddy! Now that I have a nice heated shop to work on it all winter I should be able to keep my motivation up. Im just anxious for the day the body gets set on this frame! But that will be after the cab gets stripped and I get the whole body sandblasted and ready for paint :D

Matt_P

Reaction score
Wow those prices are pretty good for that stuff. I'll have to get some from them

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

yeah I was real impressed with the price. Bronco graveyard has about the same price but they only make a set for up to 93 and this place is only about two hours from me as well. For the price its not worth spending the time bending lines yourself.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.