My 86 Fummins Project

Matt_P

Reaction score
since it was a nice 60 degree day outside today I decided to work on the engine a little more, I still have to put the cam and tappets and a couple other parts on but here is where its at now.
IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_7740.jpg

IMG_8104.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Lookin' like an engine again. Gonna be real nice once it's running in the truck.

Thanks! yeah its finally looking like an engine that actually turns over now LOL I still have to get a p pump for it. Id like to get an already benched and flowed 913 pump to put in my 03 and throw the 190hp industrial pump off that truck on this engine. Then I have to reseal the powersterring/vacuum pump and helicoil the oil feed for the vaccum pump and throw that on. Get some injectors, probably 5x14s and get a new thrust plate for the cam and throw that in and the engine should be good to go. Im looking forward to getting it in the truck.

Im gonna try and get a OBS regular cab 250 frame off a buddy of mine that already has fuel tanks, wiring, brake lines, zf-5 and t-case. Then swap the ttb for a D60 and throw the D80 in the rear in place of the 10.25. I know I would be able to be done with the truck a lot faster and cheaper than pursuing the dodge d60 under the 150 frame but I havent made a final decision yet.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Any Updates On This?

Unfortunately none right now. I just put some money into my 03 for a little more lift, new wheels, wheel bearings, drag link and another set of passenger side ball joints.

But I should have some money in the budget for this truck soon and hopefully I can get this F-250 frame and everything to get moving on it again

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Unfortunately none right now. I just put some money into my 03 for a little more lift, new wheels, wheel bearings, drag link and another set of passenger side ball joints.

But I should have some money in the budget for this truck soon and hopefully I can get this F-250 frame and everything to get moving on it again

Headlights Matt...Headlights

Matt_P

Reaction score
Time to get rolling on this again, I picked up a 96 F-250 regular cab frame this past weekend. Truck was a 7.3 truck. I got the axles, driveshafts, tcase, ZF-5, fuel tanks, master cylinder, wiring and all that.

For what I got it all for this will be much more cost effective and quicker than finishing the 150 frame.

Plans are to strip the frame bare and clean and POR-15. Only put the saddle tank back in, run all new brake lines and clean up wiring. 5" rear blocks and 3.5" reverse shackle kit in the front.

Dana 60 swap
Valair single disk clutch
Destroked engine mounts and adapter plate will be on the way soon.
Energy suspension body bushings
All new leaf spring bushings
All new u joints for driveshafts
Drop the engine in
Run one of fuel labs new fuel systems with a beans sump
Then drop the cab and bed on and go from there.

Hopefully this thing should be done somewhat soon!
DSC01390_zps7a9f383a.jpg

TRUBBS

Reaction score
ugh every time i see pictures of your KR it makes me want a 4Dr Longbed Fummins!
that truck is set up so nicely!

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Time to get rolling on this again, I picked up a 96 F-250 regular cab frame this past weekend. Truck was a 7.3 truck. I got the axles, driveshafts, tcase, ZF-5, fuel tanks, master cylinder, wiring and all that.

For what I got it all for this will be much more cost effective and quicker than finishing the 150 frame.

Plans are to strip the frame bare and clean and POR-15. Only put the saddle tank back in, run all new brake lines and clean up wiring. 5" rear blocks and 3.5" reverse shackle kit in the front.

Dana 60 swap
Valair single disk clutch
Destroked engine mounts and adapter plate will be on the way soon.
Energy suspension body bushings
All new leaf spring bushings
All new u joints for driveshafts
Drop the engine in
Run one of fuel labs new fuel systems with a beans sump
Then drop the cab and bed on and go from there.

Hopefully this thing should be done somewhat soon!
DSC01390_zps7a9f383a.jpg

Looks like the rest of the truck blew away on the highway.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Its been a long time but Im finally back to working on this full on starting yesterday, and if I can keep a good pace it should hopefully be rolling by spring. I got the 250 frame in its new home in my buddies body shop where Ill be building it all winter. The truck will be getting a whole new paint job now, Im pretty set on tuxedo black metallic for the color.

Got the 250 frame in its new spot:
IMG_0540_zpsd4843e44.jpg

IMG_4100_zpsa764907b.jpg

Got the frame all stripped down last night:
IMG_4721_zpscfc59a8a.jpg

IMG_4531_zps5c338e74.jpg

Today got the frame cleaned up:
IMG_4991_zpsa3dcc14e.jpg

And the rust sealer applied to the whole frame:
IMG_9491_zpsfbc1a1fd.jpg

Next week the frame will be getting a gloss black epoxy top coat. I should have my 350 frame from Jason (Hotrodtractor) then as well. The frame is bent some but Ill be using the axles out of it, and that along with the rest of the suspension and chassis parts will get the same rust treatment and paint. Also I will be installing a 3" reverse shackle kit up front. New rear shackles and 4" PMF traction blocks that I have.

Then assembly will go from there. Im glad to finally be back working on this

Matt_P

Reaction score
I'm jealous of the tool hiding in the corner. I want a cnc plasma table. :(

Looks good bud.

Yeah that cnc plasma table comes in handy! especially for making any bracketry I might need lol We were talking tonight about making the plates for disc brakes for the 10.25 first since he just got done making them for the gm axle on the bench next to the cnc. It just makes it so easy with the frame sitting right next to it :D

And thanks Jason! Im anxious to start reassembly, Ill be seeing you soon!

Matt_P

Reaction score
All new leaf spring bushings, trac bar bushings, rear shackles, center pins for leaf packs, stainless braided brake lines, fuel tank straps and front 3" reverse shackle kit w/ trac bar drop bracket are on the way. I have a set of 4" PMF traction blocks and adjustable top plates for the rear axle. Just need to get some new u bolts made and pull leaf packs apart when I get the 350 chassis next weekend and do a lot of cleaning and start assembling the new rolling chassis

Matt_P

Reaction score
Little more of an update. My new leaf spring and trac bar bushings, rear spring hangers and shackles, center pins and fuel tank straps arrived, reverse shackle kit for the front will be here tuesday. Then I went down to Jason's (Hotrodtractor) place today and picked up the 350 chassis from him. By the time I got back I didnt get a whole lot done, but I got the dana 60 out and almost all the way tore down. It will need a new drag link, ball joints, rotors and drivers side caliper, nothing unexpected. Overall though its in excellent shape.

Hopefully I can get that tore apart and get the axles and springs cleaned up along with all the miscellaneous suspension parts and get it all painted this week and ready for reassembly.
10917917764_25c64dd121_z.jpg

10917774515_5a628a8b9b.jpg

10917761385_aa03bfe83f.jpg

10917905104_fcb475cd7b.jpg

10918046073_aeecdc8b3c.jpg

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Look at all the dirt on that pretty white truck! LOL

Hopefully next time around I have a bit more time to BS, maybe a couple of beers even.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Look at all the dirt on that pretty white truck! LOL

Hopefully next time around I have a bit more time to BS, maybe a couple of beers even.

LOL the street queen got all muddy yesterday! Yeah hopefully we will have plenty more time to BS this sunday, a couple of beers would be even better!

If beer is involved then I better be also!

Deal! Sunday it is

Made some more progress but nothing worth taking pictures of. I got the front and rear axles torn down, leaf spring bushings removed from the leaf packs and started cleaning up all the parts for rust sealer. Hoping to have the frame, axles and all suspension parts painted thursday or friday.

Latest posts

Members online