My f250hd trail/ desert truck. 3link front 4 link rear coilovers and etc...

Dieselboy

Reaction score
Set the front header panel on for ****s n grins.
C3F609F4-953A-441E-88D6-9367500636A7_zpslnokznbc.jpg

Put the radiator in and some of the wiring. I need to figure out where to mount the coolant bottle. I'd put the trans in but there's no way I could do it by myself so I'm waiting till I have some help.
964C5DB0-D3BC-416E-9BAF-6810DEDEEC6B_zpsgppbitte.jpg

Trimmed the core support to fit a sd intercooler
225B1094-D179-4AA3-969D-7B2AB69CF685_zpspznurona.jpg

Last edited:

Dieselboy

Reaction score
Thanks. I got the core support all cut out and I realized I had a new header panel so I trimmed it just ever so slightly to clear the intercooler. I then got the transmission in and cannot find the trans crossmember. Oops. Guess I'll have to make one.

Dieselboy

Reaction score
Nice. Never seen those before. So the link will have a little roll to it during travel?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my POS phone

Yeah just a little. It'll be as far forward as I can get it and with a 48" long link 24" of travel at the axle won't be very much up at the wobble stopper. I'm going to change the lower link frame mounts to match the front ones next week. Once I get the trans cross member in I can put the t case on and some drivelines. With the drive lines in I want to cycle it all again and make sure I'm not getting excessive plunge or anything like that. I've cycled it with a tape on it and it seems good but I want to be positive.

Dieselboy

Reaction score
wow cool build man!! i likie how you built your own spider. any other pics of that?

It's just a simple 3" 90° with another welded to it for the cold side. I'll take some pics this evening of I work on it. My alumn welding skills are limited because all I have is the spool gun. If I had a tig I could have made it purdy.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
What are you going to be out in KOH in? My friend is racing again and if I can get off work and my friend finishes his truck I'll be out there.

Garrett

Dieselboy

Reaction score
This year I'm not sure. Possibly friends sas '97 red white explorer. We camp above hammer town towards resolutions. Should have 2-3 superdutys and 2 big 5th wheels.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
If I make it I will only be out for the day. With nothing to drive around it gets boring, especially when you don't drink. Luckily I'm not pitting this year. I'm sure the weather is going to be better than last year. OK, sorry for the derail.

Garrett

Dieselboy

Reaction score
What are your guys opinion on converting to hydro boost? You think in my application it would be worth it? Also back to the injectors. You think the 238/100 are a good choice?

Dieselboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Blow a p/s line or a pump and your brakes die too? In the off road world no thanks

It would loose the power assist... Once the accumulator dissipated. I'm running disc brakes in the rear so if I find a setup from a f-superduty it will have better braking bias. I think the better braking and packaging is worth it.