My new to me 6.0

Matt

Reaction score
Well, I have been on the hunt for a new daily, and I love the looks of the 6.7s with the bronzefire or dark copper paint. Because of how little I actually drive, I simply couldn't justify paying for a brand new truck to only put a few thousand miles on a year. I started to look for something older and I always loved the 03-07 King Ranch interiors and came across one that was pretty clean for an 05 and looks like it has been well maintained. Ended up with this:

00n0n_g80uX4VhsF_600x450.jpg

01414_1fofJxC6zuD_600x450.jpg

00e0e_3yrEErnYdIU_600x450.jpg

00202_lDcVZPN9Sfx_600x450.jpg

I sold the topper on the way home and will be pulling the grille guard within the next few days. I don't ever plan on tuning the truck so here is my small list of mods I want to start off with.

5" Diamond eye exhaust with cat test pipe (I have a curt gooseneck installed, will the exhaust fit fine?)
Coolant filter
Oil cooler rebuild
EGR ****** (Do I need to tune for this?)

Any other suggestions are welcome, don't really want to deal with the cost of studding it, as I am absolutely not looking for any more power out of this truck.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
If the software was ever updated in the truck, you will get a fault for egr flow. Code won't come up until the obd readiness test is complete. (100 miles).

alradco

Reaction score
That's a great looking truck. Looks like new inside and out.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I would get a mild tune to compliment the ****** and get some better shifting. The plus side of the 6.0 is tuners/tunes are pretty reasonable and readily available!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Very clean. I highly suggest looking into the leather protection from king ranch. It will condition the seats and keep them looking new!

Also, Studs are not just meant for making power. Even with stock performance the gaskets will still fail eventually. Your on the right path though, get the coolant filter on, get a good monitor, watch your temps and use OEM filtration.

Matt

Reaction score
I know studs are still advised but honestly my down the line plan for this truck is to do a cummins swap. Cheap preventive mods I will gladly do, but I would rather just start the swap early than spend the money studding it. I'm really impressed with the 6.0 so far, but I've always dreamed of having a Fummins. Tuners are very reasonable so resisting the urge to tune it may get tough.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've got a spare stock turbo with carbon fiber white hydrodipped cover and silincer ring removed for sale for 300 bucks shipped if you need a spare, also an egr ****** one piece up pipe. All you would need is the J tube.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.