My Project

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is this the coilover system you mentioned before? Curious which springs and shocks you're using.

I'm doing the king coilover setup. running 4400# springs to set my height choice before hand.

MorganM

Reaction score
The first springs I had made were 3" lower and factory rate. With thin bumpstops, it rode well, but too much frame interference.
I had a second pair of springs made that are 2.5" lower and 15% stiffer. These have been installed for almost 2 years. Rides stiff, but frame contact is rare.

I believe 2" is about as low as you can go in the front, and still have a good ride. That is unless NLF can find a solution to allow more travel before the axle meets the frame...?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The first springs I had made were 3" lower and factory rate. With thin bumpstops, it rode well, but too much frame interference.
I had a second pair of springs made that are 2.5" lower and 15% stiffer. These have been installed for almost 2 years. Rides stiff, but frame contact is rare.

I believe 2" is about as low as you can go in the front, and still have a good ride. That is unless NLF can find a solution to allow more travel before the axle meets the frame...?

With King changing the stroke , and having adjusters on the coilovers , I went 2" shorter.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You went to 3.73s, no? Now with the shorter tire, do you think 3.31 or 3.55 is a better choice?

i'll see. I still have the 3:31 if I feel froggy. gonna do tru trac's pretty soon, i'll wait until I know how I like the gears at high hp .

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i would think that with the double OD that it should still be fine. Cant hurt with a non vgt if you ask me. I bet that thing is a riot now!

Dzchey21

Reaction score

taking the bump stop out all together including the mounting plate will help you get more travel but its pretty loud when it does make contact.

Latest posts

Members online