My Project

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I think it depends on if its the 2nd ring or top ring that's gapless. The second ring being gappless causes oil consumption in the gasser world. Maybe its different for diesels. But a gappless top ring with tapered ends should be just fine. Probably keep your oil much cleaner too.

Last edited:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Mine are gapless also, granted its not really a DD but it never gets trailered to events... Also I have sat in traffic in Texas heat with a filled block and my temperatures never got higher than a factory truck.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine are gapless also, granted its not really a DD but it never gets trailered to events... Also I have sat in traffic in Texas heat with a filled block and my temperatures never got higher than a factory truck.

my temps havent got over 175* and its been 85-90 here. i have no idea which ones are and arent gapless. so far so good !

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but who built this motor? Love the truck btw and its great to see that it turned out good!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well 250 miles and so far so good. starting to lean on it a bit in a very small tune , 1600us , and it definitely makes a lot of power. it'll be interesting to see how it runs at 2000us and full throttle.

Latest posts

Members online