My Project

CATDiezel

Reaction score
survey says XXX

scored cylinder from gapless ring and low oil temp .

You got defensive on those gapless rings several hundred posts ago!

As long as you stay below about 255* on oil you should be just fine.... for life...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You got defensive on those gapless rings several hundred posts ago!

As long as you stay below about 255* on oil you should be just fine.... for life...

that was the info i was given . im not an engine builder. before the pistons came out that was the first diagnosis i was told.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So the gapless rings aren't anything to worry about then? It was apparently something else that caused the failure.

as it appears , yes. when the head came off we saw scoring on the cylinder wall but no sign of any foreign object causing it, until it came apart and the oil squirter was broken . the guy that does al my engine work is deaf , so the communication between us is not the best .

TyCorr

Reaction score
Huh? LOL

Deaf, deaf? Or deaf like me? I can hear but usually after I tell people "speak up, we're not in a ***kin library"

Wayne

Reaction score
Some of you know, but each one of those total seal rings are file to fit. they do their best to make sure the gap is just right, but if the gap is a little tight, that could be the whole explanation of failure. bummer on the scoring. More reasons for upgrades I guess.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hmm ....

FullSizeRender_3_.jpg