My Redemption build

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Thanks man. The truck pulls hard for sure. We will see where it comes in at the track. I am hoping for mid 12s

the 6.0 4g units are supposed to be preset to 55psi... but mine was only reading about 45psi so I had to turn it up.

That's the other thing I like! It's nice having an adjustment screw.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
That's the other thing I like! It's nice having an adjustment screw.

Yes sir. That is a nice feature.

To be honest I have always heard nothing but bad things about the Air Dog and told my customers to steer clear. But I was super impressed with the whole kit. It was very well put together and included EVERYTHING anyone would need. If this things holds up long term then it will be the new fuel pump that I recommend to customers for mild builds.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Before I bought mine I did some reading and it seems that airdog did their best to address all of the reliability issues this time around.

Like you said time will tell, but so far I like everything I've seen.

Broke4smoke

Reaction score
Can't be worse then my fuel lab pump...been replaced twice now due to "motor" issues according to fuel lab

scparrish

Reaction score
I ran an air dog 2... The customer service was great, the kit was clean and easy to install, but having to replace that pump more than half a dozen times really killed it for me. Went to an a1000 and I am going starting on my fifth year with it.

Maybe they got it right this time. One thing is for certain is that they have great customer service.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Yes sir. That is a nice feature.

To be honest I have always heard nothing but bad things about the Air Dog and told my customers to steer clear. But I was super impressed with the whole kit. It was very well put together and included EVERYTHING anyone would need. If this things holds up long term then it will be the new fuel pump that I recommend to customers for mild builds.

Hmmm...wonder if pureflow would be willing to swap my ADII out for a 4G. I'm on my 3 pump and it is now starting to give me some issues...Anyone know if it is just a pump/motor difference, or is the whole unit different?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Hmmm...wonder if pureflow would be willing to swap my ADII out for a 4G. I'm on my 3 pump and it is now starting to give me some issues...Anyone know if it is just a pump/motor difference, or is the whole unit different?

The motor now stays dry due to a new pump head design and I think it may be brushless, but I can't confirm that by looking at their website, just what I've read on other threads about them.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Pureflow. They said they can warranty my failing pump and it will be replaced with the new 4G unit! The new pump head will bolt right to the original ADII base.

They won't have pumps back in stock until next week, so I have to call back then and get my warranty replacement moving.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Is it still holding up well for you Swinky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diezelfreak

Reaction score
How are you liking that step I have looked at those for a while now but have never got one.
52fb755ec754fe4ff77bafc040239fde.jpg

Sent from laying in bed

jbolen323

Reaction score
Truck runs & sounds so good. Dyno day was fun, very eventful like you said. Great looking truck too charlie !

KCTurbos

Reaction score
How are you liking that step I have looked at those for a while now but have never got one.
52fb755ec754fe4ff77bafc040239fde.jpg

Sent from laying in bed

I personally love my step. I use it all the time. It makes tasks quicker and easier. I even take it camping and on road trips just in case lol

I brought it to the dyno event and it actually came in hand to put a fan on the front of my truck.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
I ran an air dog 2... The customer service was great, the kit was clean and easy to install, but having to replace that pump more than half a dozen times really killed it for me. Went to an a1000 and I am going starting on my fifth year with it.

Maybe they got it right this time. One thing is for certain is that they have great customer service.

I as well have replaced mine three times. Looking to possibly use the 4g soon.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well we did not make it to the track last night. It was raining off and on all day so we did not even bother driving down there.

I was pretty disappointed that we were not able to go to the track last night so this morning I loaded up the SCT performance timer, hooked up a camera, and practiced my 4x4 boosted launches. Truck still struggles for traction a little bit if I launch it too hard and will spin all 4 tires. I am gonna try lowering the tire pressure but these BFG AT tires were just not meant for the track LOL. I was trying to find that fine line between launching too hard and falling under the turbo from launching too early

According to SCT:
106.7mph

I know the SCT is not the most accurate way to test... but its all I had. Seem to line up well with my dyno numbers. I think I can bring my time down a little bit if I can launch a little harder. I have no idea on the weight of the truck. I am gonna guess 7700-7800 for a ccsb 4x4 with a full tank of fuel, loaded with some turbos, and no weight savings mods.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JsbHelB842Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsbHelB842Q&feature=youtu.be

https://youtu.be/JsbHelB842Q

hmmm... cant figure out how to embed a video. Sorry for so many links

Last edited:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Went up North again towing a lighter gooseneck trailer... probably around 6-7k. We were cutting down and hauling out trees.

Truck did great. You could hardly tell it was back there going up the big hills as long as you had the tow/haul button on (which locks out OD on my custom tune). I was normally around 900-1100 egts going up the hills. Ran about 100-200 degrees cooler than before when we had the 12k trailer behind it.

I could tow fine in OD on flat ground but as before it did not like going up an sort of grade under 2000rpms in OD. Just for fun I let it lug down to around 1600rpms while going up a hill locked in OD and it builds boost pretty well... I can build about 15-20psi at 1800rpms before it starts to surge. The problem is that it would start to creep above 1200-1300 egts if I did that. Granted that was up around 7000ft in elevation elevation when I was testing that, lower elevation would be much easier on the truck.

Here is a pic of our 600hp work truck in its natrual habitat :thumbsup:

D40DC917-1417-4F53-89C4-8BD283B5DF71_zps6hl0jmfw.png

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.