My Steering Box broke any suggestions on a better one?? Pics inside

AllanB

Reaction score
I have a 04 F350 with 37's on it. It is pushing right at 100k. I guess it would be good to have a look at them just to be on the safe side. Glad the OP posted this. Although it might not happen often, it is good information for people to have. Just for cases like Charles. If it happens at the wrong time, business could pick up really quick.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its not something you can "take a look at"... If the shaft is cracked it will not be visible to the eye, it would require magflux or something along those lines...

No need to replace it, who knows if the new one is any better.

Just relax and drive, **** happens sometimes and there are some things you just cant do preventative maintenance on.

AllanB

Reaction score
Its not something you can "take a look at"... If the shaft is cracked it will not be visible to the eye, it would require magflux or something along those lines...

No need to replace it, who knows if the new one is any better.

Just relax and drive, **** happens sometimes and there are some things you just cant do preventative maintenance on.

Gotcha, after reading your post, I went back and looked at the pic I see that there is no way to remove it and see if it is cracked. :thumbup:

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
$350 or so plus core till they get your old box.

Well worth it for me.

Reaction score
I know it's already said but I must add a quick plug for deadhead as well.

Customer service is Barron's and they will cover you even after warranty. I have a late 99 f350 with 37's. it drives down the road like new now.

Clem1226

Reaction score
From the photo it looks like it has been cracked for a while, that would be scarry at speed.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
From the photo it looks like it has been cracked for a while, that would be scarry at speed.

It doesnt normally happen at speed, because there is no or little force on the shaft. It happens most times turning in a parking lot when there is tons of force on the shaft...

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Thats a good price for the redhead box vs the regular stocker reman. Im going with the redhead next month. So sick of the play going down the road and the hard steering trying to get into a parking spot. Put a new pump on and flushed the system and it got better but still hard yet.