My truck seems gutless

SDstroker

Reaction score
Mine clamps right to the compressor housing. Take off all intake tubing and go right to the housing.

a6fae242-9af3-4470.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SDstroker

Reaction score
Hardware store. 3" to 4" sewer pipe connector, PVC cap, pressure gauge, ball valve and what ever is necessary to hook up a air hose. About $20 invested. I use it every time I mess with the boots. The valve regulates pressure.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Hardware store. 3" to 4" sewer pipe connector, PVC cap, pressure gauge, ball valve and what ever is necessary to hook up a air hose. About $20 invested. I use it every time I mess with the boots. The valve regulates pressure.

I was going to do something similar but sewer pipe is not rated for any amount of pressure. So instead I just connect the PVC cap to my intake hose.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Very true. I have had it up past 25 psi every time i have used it. I forgot to mention I spray soapy water and watch for bubbles, bad leaks you can hear right away. Its amazing how the factory sensors leak.

Noonman350

Reaction score
I found a 4" PVC cap in my shop. So just hook up an airline hook up to that and run something with a gauge to it sink can monitor psi. Then hook it up to the turbo intake boot? How did you get soapy water in it?

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I found a 4" PVC cap in my shop. So just hook up an airline hook up to that and run something with a gauge to it sink can monitor psi. Then hook it up to the turbo intake boot? How did you get soapy water in it?

Spray bottle, you spray on the outside where the connections from the turbo to the intake are.

TARM

Reaction score
Don't you guys have regulator/s on your compressor or off a manifold depending on your setup? All you need then is just a ball valve if you want control at the leak detector. Set the max pressure on the reg@comp. You can control the rate you bring pressure up with the ball valve@detector. Its always going to leak down at some rate.

Personally I would like make one a step up that could handle whatever boost my turbo produces. It would a be a great help for insuring boots will hold when you are running. That smack the turbo bearings take when a boot blows at full boost is not good. Best to find those things out without the turbo spinning and all that force one the wheels.

Last edited:

Noonman350

Reaction score
ok... so i just said screw it and bought a new IPR today from ford... it actually helped. i think i found a small boost leak behind my gauge, so im fixing that tonight. but over all it runs, feels, drives, and sounds better. I think that the "lack of power" comes from the fact i dont have the fuel system that my chip is burned for on yet. thats just my guess tho and once i get that installed here soon ill post up with more on this... Thanks everyone for helpin me out i appreciate it

TARM

Reaction score
The only time the fuel system would have any effect would likely be @ WOT. What is your fuel pressure dropping to. If you are feeling a drop in power and its actually from fuel pressure you are likely also wearing/gouging the injectors barrel and plungers.

Noonman350

Reaction score
I don't have a fuel pressure gauge... Yet... Im gunna try and get the system on by thursday.
At WOT it lacks... It does run better with that IPR now tho... But I'm still thinking its the fuel system. But what do I know? Lol. I'm not a diesel mechanic. I could be totally wrong.

TARM

Reaction score
My point is that you keep on driving that thing without any clue at what fuel pressure you are running and you could be PERMANENTLY DAMAGING your injectors. They need fuel for lubrication of the barrel and plunger. No different that running your engine without oil.

What kind of pump is on there? Does the system have a regulator or are you still running the stock fuel bowl ? If you have no pressure gauge how did you set the regulator if so equipped?

There is not actually specific tuning for various fuel pumps. The only tuning change would be to keep the injectors PW very short so as to not use much fuel. But there is no direct control for the fuel pump etc via tuning. The pump runs at a fixed rate and how hard it works is based on the pressure the regulator is set to.

Just about every pump I can think of for use on these engines has a name stamped somewhere on it. Take a look and see what pump it is. I seem to recall you saying you were not sure what pump you got while you wait for the fuelab.

Noonman350

Reaction score
I'm still runing the fuel bowl yes... When I do the RR I'll get a regulator and all that. I was running the FRx for a while and I had the 70psi spring in. That's what it recommended. I'll check tomorrow what pump it is and post back... I know I'm being an idiot but it's all I have to drive.

TARM

Reaction score
No you can drive it just do not go stomping on the go pedal. I would just stay in the first 1/2 of the pedal until you know. It would be sad to ruin a setup of injectors because of something like this. It may not even be the issue but without being able to check I would not chance it.

Latest posts

Members online