need advice in a bad way

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Was the block tester passing air with no primer bulb on it?

FWIW, I had a 6.2 a while back that had blown gaskets and a warped deck that would not fail the chemical test. Not sure why, but they were obviously blown as it was constantly pushing air even after it was completely warm.

it was hooked to my vacuum bump... this kit didnt come with a bulb... i could set it on there and push down and it would suck my top rad hose flat...
im not saying its good to go yet cuz of my luck..

I hope you have it figured out, you can buy rubber type freeze plugs for your trip just to throw in the tool box should you need them. Where in MN are you going to be?

got 6 of those rubber plugs. one is in it now...

over near franklin i guess.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
will do man!!

so i did call BTS.... brian told me that they are 3/8-24 x 1/2" and can only be half inch long... he asked what happened.. told him bolts came loose on me and it wallerd out the flex plate just a smidgen and it stripped some threads in on bolt hole... he asked about the torque on the bolts and i told him what mike said he torqued them to.. he said they need to be at least 60ftlbs... i said holy ***.... i asked about a hellicoil and he said dont even do it.. he said he would send me a new converter and new bolts and he will have my converter repaired for $350.00 plus shipping. so hopefully ill have a new converter here by friday.

live life full throttle

907DAVE

Reaction score
The instructions that come with the converter say 34 IIRC.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
guess brain likes them tighter.. .. no biggy. hope to have the new one friday.. if not ol red is gonna have to do on this trip..

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
So who votes yes on loctite? I dont believe my torque specs are half of 60 ft lbs.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im prolly going to loctite all the bolts in the flex plate, converter, starter, and bell housing..... just had the starter out the other day to put the first freeze plug in and it was loose already today when i pulled the trans..

live life full throttle

Binder man

Reaction score
I have never torqued converter bolts. Just do it by feel. Blue loctite run them in till they pull the converter in tight then give them another 1/4-1/2 turn generally.

I always blue loctite flywheel/flexplate bolts, clutch/converter bolts, and starter bolts. Never had a bellhouse bolt come loose on me.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have never torqued converter bolts. Just do it by feel. Blue loctite run them in till they pull the converter in tight then give them another 1/4-1/2 turn generally.

I always blue loctite flywheel/flexplate bolts, clutch/converter bolts, and starter bolts. Never had a bellhouse bolt come loose on me.

thats pretty much what brian said... i took all the bolts out, that i said i was going to loctite, with a 1/4" ratchet one handed...

live life full throttle

Binder man

Reaction score
I use a long handled 3/8" a 3" extension and 6 point 9/16. hold the flexplate with a small prybar and tighten away. Like I said loctite and the german "gudeentite" method.