Need an upgraded hpop

TyCorr

Reaction score
warrentee info is on each manufactors site...

Terminator..0 days warrentee on the dual kit, I don't see any info on the other HPOP that are sold so one could assume their isn't any warrentee on them either?

The Terminator HPOS Carries a LIFETIME WARRANTY!

This warranty covers the parts and workmanship of the pre-assembled system from TE
Warranty does not cover the pumps themselves as they are a factory part and not manufactured by TE
Any tampering with the assembled unit will VOID this warranty completely

The Adrenaline..90 days
http://dieselsite.com/pdffiles/adrtt.pdf

I don't care who's pump you buy really just be informed before you buy any product using facts about the product not internet BS.

Thank you! That's good advice.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have those readings with 250/200s....only problem is I can make them look however i want by going into minetaur and changing a couple little things. Do those numbers still give you what you need?

I will get you numbers if that is what you need, unfortunately unless you compare the two on a similar tune its very difficult to really get an understanding of what is going on.

Why cant we compare the SRP1 to the T500? Honestly I wouldnt really put them in different classes, price doesnt dictate quality or function.

The T1000 shouldnt really even be in the talk, its a BETA pump. Though it is looking like its going to do great things, might as well not mention it if you are interested in a larger pump now. It could be a year until the public can order one.

Dude, I totally agree. I honestly don't wanna hear anymore about the t1k, it's not available. We're talking out our asses for all practicality.

I do NOT think the 500 can be compared to the srp1. I realize dc #s can be skewed but when someone tunes their junk until it's ripping along and then posts a dc reading from datalog it's a fairly good indicator of a pumps capability to get shti done. The srp1 is sub 40% making over 600 with 300cc hybrids with 200% edm nozzles. This tells me I can have rock solid, 3500psi to some little 275/200s. Where's the flaw in that thinking, Derek?

I'm not interested in manipulating dc to "make" a pump appear better. My point in all of this is simple. I don't wanna mash the throttle after going to the effort of putting in inj, hpop, studs/springs/push rods, and full comp fuel system to sit there and watch icp drop to 3k psi at 50% duty cycle because the pump doesn't have the nuts.

I'm changing inj after three months of 175/100s because it wasn't enough. It was definitely better than stock sticks with the 38r but I want more. :D

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
LOL. This thread cracks me.up. apparently people are not.interested in what beta pumps will do. It doesn't matter anyway. If someone thinks 40% dc is bad, then so be it. But mine doesn't go above 40% period

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
LOL. This thread cracks me.up. apparently people are not.interested in what beta pumps will do. It doesn't matter anyway. If someone thinks 40% dc is bad, then so be it. But mine doesn't go above 40% period

Really it doesn't matter. You're right. He could cash in his.chips tomorrow and that beta pump wouldn't matter at all. Again, comparing the t1k to the srp is pointless which is.why this is all so hilarious apparently. I'm just not.seeing how you find it.funny? The pump doesn't exist. It's a project. The stealth pump does exist.

I'd like to see you change NOTHING and put the t500 on and report back. I'm not trying to start anything. I'm looking for the truth.

I appreciate your data. As a beta tester don't you have datalogs? I mean, shti, as much as you've said why not post some info showing how this pump reacts at wot, part throttle, etc.? I'm sure it's a great pump but show me something.

Hell, if somebody could show me the t500 making a set of inj bigger than a 250/100 behave, I'd.maybe consider it. The 200% nozzle.makes a difference. People who have tuned for me are saying it does indeed matter. Big pressure drop when the 200% nozzle moves.fuel x Times faster than a 100% does.

No biggie. If people could leave any bias they might have out and just let it roll, this thread could be a good tool for people using the search function. I half knew this would happen but I guess hoped it could be different.

I still picked up lots so I'm good.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Please excuse me, I was completely wrong.

T500 has a FULL COVERAGE 2 year warranty.

HPOS1 and HPOS2 both have FULL LIFETIME warranty, nothing limited about it.
The pumps themselves don't have a warranty, but then again how many stock pumps have we seen failed in all honesty (especially 15* pumps). If you have a pump fail, send it in and i bet you get a working one back with no bill. There is no warranty on paper, but he will still take care of it.

Just some info i thought should be thrown out, I mis informed people earlier by saying T500 only had a 1 year warranty

TyCorr

Reaction score
Please excuse me, I was completely wrong.

T500 has a FULL COVERAGE 2 year warranty.

HPOS1 and HPOS2 both have FULL LIFETIME warranty, nothing limited about it.
The pumps themselves don't have a warranty, but then again how many stock pumps have we seen failed in all honesty (especially 15* pumps). If you have a pump fail, send it in and i bet you get a working one back with no bill. There is no warranty on paper, but he will still take care of it.

Just some info i thought should be thrown out, I mis informed people earlier by saying T500 only had a 1 year warranty

That's an excellent warranty. Two years is remarkable.

bluedge8

Reaction score

why do you keep talking about the t1000 when its not available and the op was asking about pumps he could buy now?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i would try that out first on the new injectors just to see what it does, then upgrade from there... might surprise you being somewhat fresh.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. Since it was losing pressure with 175/100s at anything past 3/4 throttle wouldn't it do that with 275s? Between the srp1 and the t500 will the srp1 increase performance due to higher overall capacity?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
whats your psi/dc at wot with the 175s? our stage 2s are way more oil hungry. for example, arisly's 250/200s hold good psi with 40%dc.... my 170/100s hold 3000psi at 62% dc wot... both his and mine have the adrenaline.... you picking up what im putting down? id still try it out just for the hell of it.
id by the srp1.1... hands down more volume... but id also compare them just for poops and laughs! you already know your going to buy one... on a side note any of the tuners can manipulate the dc with all the parameters and make them run great psi with low dc but the end result is low hp.... one reason why mine is so high in dc is because its needing every thing the adrenaline can throw at it to make dam near 500hp... hell my so called econo tune is 3400psi at 25% dc... but is just over half the hp of my hot tune... just examples man.... i do believe joey told me the t500 is maxed out to its full potential with 250/100s great pump for 238s tho.... either way the stock pump would run them but would hinder when asked for full potential... hell my hpop has been on for close or more then 80k now and still holds 3000psi at 62% dc.... maybe the fresh stocker you have would do the same... even tho dc is high it may hold psi enough to make the power those 275s where designed for... i think dave(swamps) and bill(php) both said that 3200psi is the max psi you need for peak hp potential anyway...... holy crap dont mind my ramblings...

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
whats your psi/dc at wot with the 175s? our stage 2s are way more oil hungry. for example, arisly's 250/200s hold good psi with 40%dc.... my 170/100s hold 3000psi at 62% dc wot... both his and mine have the adrenaline.... you picking up what im putting down? id still try it out just for the hell of it.
id by the srp1.1... hands down more volume... but id also compare them just for poops and laughs! you already know your going to buy one... on a side note any of the tuners can manipulate the dc with all the parameters and make them run great psi with low dc but the end result is low hp.... one reason why mine is so high in dc is because its needing every thing the adrenaline can throw at it to make dam near 500hp... hell my so called econo tune is 3400psi at 25% dc... but is just over half the hp of my hot tune... just examples man.... i do believe joey told me the t500 is maxed out to its full potential with 250/100s great pump for 238s tho.... either way the stock pump would run them but would hinder when asked for full potential... hell my hpop has been on for close or more then 80k now and still holds 3000psi at 62% dc.... maybe the fresh stocker you have would do the same... even tho dc is high it may hold psi enough to make the power those 275s where designed for... i think dave(swamps) and bill(php) both said that 3200psi is the max psi you need for peak hp potential anyway...... holy crap dont mind my ramblings...

No, it's fine. You said a lot. Mine with stg2 was dropping icp in my race tune and the performance tune. Especially wot. But would still start to tire over 3/4 throttle on hills in the race tune. Basically high oil demand would show the pumps limits. I've got my ad's back in there now and it would hold 3300 in the 100hp performance but stiiiiill drop icp in the he 140 "race". It would go down to 2600 WOT but I let out to where it can maintain 2800+. The dc is over 50% almost anytime I'm over 1/2 throttle with stg 2s.

My stg2 weren't tuned to run hot anyway. My race tune was 410hp. With 100% nozzles and 38r. No smoke. But I wanna say I recall dc up near 70% in the race tune. I didn't really beat on it, much less drive it in the 3months they were in. Put 2800miles on it since March.
I'm really only looking for 450-500 until I get another charger to use as an atmospheric and also a rebuild with billet rods a cam and some other bs.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
No, it's fine. You said a lot. Mine with stg2 was dropping icp in my race tune and the performance tune. Especially wot. But would still start to tire over 3/4 throttle on hills in the race tune. Basically high oil demand would show the pumps limits. I've got my ad's back in there now and it would hold 3300 in the 100hp performance but stiiiiill drop icp in the he 140 "race". It would go down to 2600 WOT but I let out to where it can maintain 2800+. The dc is over 50% almost anytime I'm over 1/2 throttle with stg 2s.

My stg2 weren't tuned to run hot anyway. My race tune was 410hp. With 100% nozzles and 38r. No smoke. But I wanna say I recall dc up near 70% in the race tune. I didn't really beat on it, much less drive it in the 3months they were in. Put 2800miles on it since March.
I'm really only looking for 450-500 until I get another charger to use as an atmospheric and also a rebuild with billet rods a cam and some other bs.

Correct me of I'm wrong but can't stock pumps only truly put out like 2750 psi? I dunno what you are using to read the hpop pressure but 3300 sounds false. I know scan gauges go off the psi demanded by the computer not necessarily the actual amount of flow. Not trying to be an ass but I thought stock pumps can only put out a certain amt of pressure, if someone can answer this chime in.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
Ty you keep comparing your stage2s to hybrids??? You should see less DC with hybrids since they are not as oil hungry as stage2s.

You should at least run a test with that new stock pump just to see the difference in hybrids. I'm not saying it will keep up with the demand of 275s, but I bet it will do better than your 175s. I personally prefer dual pumps over the single stock pump though I would look into a hpos1 or hpos2 for the price it can't be beat or step up and drop the cash for a set of BTS duals.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

i got ya! but still try it with the stock pump i still think a fresh stock pump will be enough for the power your at now, maybe a hair more until you are ready for the second charger then at that time switch the hpop out too... hybrids dont use as much oil as our stage 2s, and may help save for other parts. if need be that is...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Correct me of I'm wrong but can't stock pumps only truly put out like 2750 psi? I dunno what you are using to read the hpop pressure but 3300 sounds false. I know scan gauges go off the psi demanded by the computer not necessarily the actual amount of flow. Not trying to be an ass but I thought stock pumps can only put out a certain amt of pressure, if someone can answer this chime in.

Idk. I'm reading it.off a cts. I've never heard that before. Especially since the test to see if your hpop is good shows higher pressures than that. Could be. I don't think the pcm 's in place data readings would be that off. Is there something special about my international hpop?

Anyway, we'll see as my parts are on hold, save for the hybrids, as the trans in the family van shti the bed.

Also, I realize hybrid uses less oil but there's a point where a hybrid is still using lots of oil. It seems that 250's with 100% nozzles are a max in that regard, hence pump manufacturers using them as a max for certain pumps.

He'll, I don't know. The more learn, the less I know.

TARM

Reaction score

You have that all wrong. These pumps flow a certain volume based of RPMS(revolutions) i.e fixed displacement. (Yes there is of course a limit but its much higher than anything we could ever use in these systems.) It is the restriction of flow that controls psi. This is effected by the IPR via ICP sensor reading vs called for psi and what the injectors are using based on their specs and performance.

You take a stock pump and block off the IPR port and dead head the output ports and you will see pressures way over those. :shocked:

HPOP pressure is taken from driver side oil rail port via the ICP sensor. It actually is a pressure transducer that reads the real not called for oil pressure and converts it to a specific voltage to send to the PCM. The PCM then sends a signal that controls the IPR valve to keep pressure at the "called for", by the PCM program, pressure. Scanners can only read the actual pressure from PCM as reported by the ICP sensor. The way we know how hard the pump is working to keep that pressure is by the duty cycle of the IPR valve again controlled by the PCM via the data it receives from the ICP sensor. We can assume if the IPR% is 60% or over that its really max'd based on the way the valve works. Now from that you still do not know what pressure the tune (PCM program) is calling from but we can reasonably deduce its likely over what the pump is putting out or if lucky right at whats being called for. If the duty cycle is 45% or lower we, with reasonable accuracy, can deduce that is likley what is being called for as the pump still has more capacity left if more was needed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online