Need help ASAP swapping out 76mm

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
It is much eaisier if you do take the U shaped tube off the turbos so that you can remove the polished pipe between the atmo turbo and the boost tube (u shapped tube). Once that is removed, the atmo will come out pretty easy.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Need to lift it out of the drain and then pry apart. If you look underneath the atmo you can see the drain. Don't worry about the lil rubber piece, I imagine you will get a turbo install kit? Im not saying you can or can't hurt anything but I didn't and I was told it will take some force.

Csilva187

Reaction score
It is much eaisier if you do take the U shaped tube off the turbos so that you can remove the polished pipe between the atmo turbo and the boost tube (u shapped tube). Once that is removed, the atmo will come out pretty easy.

Little bit of extra steps and you'd still be done already my man. Didn't I send ya a write up month ago or so?

Badland

Reaction score

Your talking about the one under the fuel cooler? So I need to pull the cooler then that polished tube out?

Badland

Reaction score
Ok so I pulled the boost tube under the cooler and I'm sure the turbo is loose from the drain
But I still can't get it loose!!!!!

I loosened the clamp between the 2 to help with rotation

But it still won't pop out

I'm getting frustrated quick

Any more pointers?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 71

ncollins64

Reaction score
Look underneath the atmo when your prying up on it. You will see the drain weather its out or not. Pry up on the atmo like crazy till you see the oil drain completely out then pry the two apart with another bar. That thing should be coming out

Badland

Reaction score
We'll I got half out lol

Just need the heavy piece out now lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 78

sootie

Reaction score
did you undo the vgt actuator, remove the u-pipe and swing the fuel cooler out of the way? did you undo the uppipe bolts?

make sure the downpipe is completely undone. then pry on the intake manifold from passenger side (dont crush fuel line) and alternate from the drivers side.

the pins the turbos sit on are tapered. once it lifts the hp about an inch, the atmo will come up and out on an angle towards the passenger side.

check out my link...

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=834003&postcount=99

i tried to do it without disturbing much and it ended up taking longer that way.

Csilva187

Reaction score
did you undo the vgt actuator, remove the u-pipe and swing the fuel cooler out of the way? did you undo the uppipe bolts?

make sure the downpipe is completely undone. then pry on the intake manifold from passenger side (dont crush fuel line) and alternate from the drivers side.

the pins the turbos sit on are tapered. once it lifts the hp about an inch, the atmo will come up and out on an angle towards the passenger side.

check out my link...

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=834003&postcount=99

i tried to do it without disturbing much and it ended up taking longer that way.

Doesn't look like it.

Badland

Reaction score
Yea vgt is off and fuel cooler and boost tube

Just hitting the oil drain with the exhaust housing now

Csilva187

Reaction score
I'll get flamed for this, but I let the uppipes go up top. I also keep em anti seized and they've been molested a lot lately... Just easier for me pop em up and split em that way.

sootie

Reaction score
I'll get flamed for this, but I let the uppipes go up top. I also keep em anti seized and they've been molested a lot lately... Just easier for me pop em up and split em that way.

if you have 6.0 manifolds, it easier to split at the manifold because of the flange design but if you have stock uppipes, most undo them at the turbo pedestal.

Latest posts

Members online