Need Help P206a

Lugger007

Reaction score
Check Engine Light came on. P0401 and P206a. Po401 is the EGR which I need to clean.
P206a, Reductant Quality Sensor Circuit.
Used the search function on this and other sites, didn't find much. I believe its DEF related and I don't want to ****** the truck at this time.
Any advice on how to fix this or where to start would be greatly appreciated.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
P0401 possibly set due to pligged egr coolers. If you run a koer test do you get a p2257 i think it is? Its either 2257 or 2247 which is egr cooler insufficiency, that typically indicates the coolers are pkugged. The p206a either has a reprogram or replacing the heater sender. I will check when i get to work for ya. How many miles on it?

Lugger007

Reaction score
P0401 possibly set due to pligged egr coolers. If you run a koer test do you get a p2257 i think it is? Its either 2257 or 2247 which is egr cooler insufficiency, that typically indicates the coolers are pkugged. The p206a either has a reprogram or replacing the heater sender. I will check when i get to work for ya. How many miles on it?

Thanks for the help. truck is a 2012 w/115xxx miles

Notneb

Reaction score
Most of us got rid of emissions early on to avoid this exact problem. I'd say pull it off and look, check your IC pipes/Valve too.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Anyone else have the code issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry bud, i am having a hell of a time finding the code. It isnt listed, and isnt coming up under tsbs. The description is very familiar, and i have fixed quite a few, but cant remember what the hell i did.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Sorry bud, i am having a hell of a time finding the code. It isnt listed, and isnt coming up under tsbs. The description is very familiar, and i have fixed quite a few, but cant remember what the hell i did.

Thanks for trying to help man. If you think of anything, anytime shoot me a pm or reply. I've looked on many sites and called around, haven't been able to find a straight answer on how to fix it which is odd.

I'll probably clear the code and see if it comes back.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Make sure that is the cde. It is odd that it was not in the code list. I looked through as many codes as i could, ut i wssnt about to scroll through 2000 codes trying to find it.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
What scan tool is being used to check the codes? Some readers give a false code due to an outdated program on the reader.

Lugger007

Reaction score
What scan tool is being used to check the codes? Some readers give a false code due to an outdated program on the reader.

I stopped at autozone and had them pull the code as I haven't purchased a code reader or turner yet that could read it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I did a quick search and the p206a turned up a charge air efficiency low circuit. Which in turn means the air intake temperature sensor is bad after the air/water cooler.

However. I'm slightly curious if with that many codes you don't have one sensor cause the rest to fault. That can and DOES happen on any circuit fed by the same voltage source. Have certainly seen that happen on many 6.0L fords.

Latest posts

Members online