Need some help

DieselMater86

Reaction score
That's something I ran across today that I didn't know about im still learning all I can. After taking a day off work and that ipr giving me a little hell I guess that would be makng the Ipr show 85% so I replaced it most likely for nothing but wanted a new one installed

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
Damn, this is like my situation. Sort of. Screwed hard by a shop and my truck has had no engine since last September. New engine is just about ready for install and I'm just trying to get my self ready for a series of let downs and false hopes before we get it running for real. It s a regular emotional roller coaster I tell ya.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Yea it a pita for sure this new shop has hit some hurdles but so far has come through on it all so far. It has been a little harder since his mechanic has quit while he was out of town. But hopefully we can make some progress this weekend.

Reaction score
That's something I ran across today that I didn't know about im still learning all I can. After taking a day off work and that ipr giving me a little hell I guess that would be makng the Ipr show 85% so I replaced it most likely for nothing but wanted a new one installed

What is your actual ICP reading while cranking?

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Right now he tore it all back down and is doubling checking what his mechanic did. Said he is going to pressure the system. Check the fuel pressure double check the injectors and all torque specs. I should be able to know more this week as the owner is now on my truck.

I don't think it would be the fuel pressure cause the truck drove fine the one time we got it back. But that's not saying much. I know the injectors were flow tested again after that and have no run time on them since. I just think its got air in the system I didn't crank on the truck for a extended time period. I didn't want to burn up a starter I have a lot of money in this truck and have put tons of new parts on it. I think its something simple getting passed over somehow.

The icp pressure what I can remember from last tuesday. It was at like 250 and after just a few cranks like 4 or 5 it was at 350 it kept climbing but ran out of time they were closing up. When the truck was tore down and redone the bulletproof the guy could get it idling for a bit sounded like carp with uppipes and downpipe not on. When he would hit the gas pedal it would die. But to me that means nothing when just about all the accessories weren't on the truck. If it's not pulling air into the motor the right way without an air intake, and without uppipes on it won't run .

DieselMater86

Reaction score
well I just had to helicoil my rocker box was told it was losing pressure cause shop #1 stripped out the oil rail bolts. I'm so ready to get my truck back its been such a headache and I cant give up now after almost 8 months and 8k in labor. Its insane and a huge PITA right now.
Also pretty bad when I walk into a well know shop buying more parts and just kind of talk to the guy about it and the other guy says your on PSA dieselmater86 right lol. Thanks to you guys (You Know Who You Are) My truck will be there from now on.

1badpsd

Reaction score
But to me that means nothing when just about all the accessories weren't on the truck. If it's not pulling air into the motor the right way without an air intake, and without uppipes on it won't run .

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but it will run without up pipes, they'll run with no turbo on them at all. And if the second shop completely tore it apart and put it back together why didn't they know the oil rail bolts were stripped out the first time they put it back together instead of the second time they put the oil rails on?

Last edited:

DieselMater86

Reaction score
I have no clue the mechanic that was doing the job quit. So then had another guy on it. After I snapped and flipped out on them all. I now have the owner doing the work. Hoping to have a update this weekend. But I have some changes after I get it back. Tired of this crap

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Dang man sucks to hear that your STILL having trouble with the truck. I've heard some good things on Joseph. Hope he can make everything right with the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Yea his a good dude just hit a wall both his mechanic quit I believe. I know the one did for sure. He is making a lot more progress than anybody. I hope this weekend goes good and get it started and running . I'm still hoping my stock pump will keep enough psi for my injectors. I'm looking at a fuel gauge want a manual but might get one for my cts2. Then fuel sump and lift pump. But lift pumps have went to hell, and then a trans build.

04stroker

Reaction score
So do you know what is causing the no start? No ICP? No fuel psi? Electrical? Has anyone actually hooked up a fuel psi gauge to it? Or just reading PID data on a scanner?

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well from what I have heard it will start run then die. Idk how long and if it's dying on its on or when you hit the pedal. Told me he was pulling the oil cooler and double check for the check ball. I haven't been up there this week. Says he will fix a oil leak get it to start another will pop up and it will die. I'm hoping to get up there tomorrow and see what's up. In wondering what the icp pressure is and what the fuel pressure is on a manual guage.
Only other things I have come up with is
icp sensor
lpop
fuel pressure

I looked up the lpop and only found a gear set is that all to it or is there a actual pump to replace.
I just did a quick search on it that's all didn't really dig into it.
I know 7.3s a lot better than 6.0s which I'm learning still.
This has become a pita again after being so close to having it back.

Any other things to check I didn't list.

04stroker

Reaction score
Just does not make sense to me. The low pressure oil pump is the gear set you saw. At this point I would ask him these questions:
What is icp cranking?
What exactly is fuel pressure?
What codes are present?
What is ficm voltage?

See what exactly his readings are.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If it has been as botched as you have said ther is a good chance something went through the low pressure pump and scored up the front cover. However, typically this will cause a no start. You should also have them check what sync, rpm, and cam fault are, as a ***ked up harness could be throwing it goofy too. Do you know what oil is in it? Is there possibly water contaminated oil, causing it to be way too thin and cause running issues?

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Icp 270
Fuel 46 cranking
Ebv code was stored
Haven't checked the ficm yet
Full on oil and I'll check the grounds for you. I've got some new o-rings for the oil cooler coming. These were the original light blue ones. No one even sells a blue gasket it's the original

This is what he sent this morning and I know these readings will be coming from the scan gauge 2 I believe is what they have its a big bulky red one. All this will be crankcing i can tell. Looks like to me i would be looking at fuel pressure and icp/lpop but of course I'm no 6.0 tech. Starting to look ****ty again with these guys.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
I also just sent him what you said 6.0 tech.
also shows they never changed my oil cooler out luckily my old one was still good.
this has been a headache. Maybe I should just take my truck back home and buy a scan guage.
then just when I get stuck asks y'all I believe I would make better head way and would have had it running a month ago.
Here's what I'm looking at maybe
harness
lpop
icp
with 46 psi cranking new injectors now and lift pump

Latest posts

Members online