Need some help

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Oil is reading good. He is going to put them back in a data log from the get go to see if anything goes crazy. Idk I was going with wire chaffing because it came out of nowhere truck ran fine then when got put back together went crazy after 20 minutes of drive time

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Yea i feel that way sometimes but i love this truck, and ready to drive it been 3 months I'm going crazy. Especially with my buddy at work and his crewcab dually been asking me at least twice a week. People at work call my truck the unicorn heard of it but never seen it.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Lol yeah it sucks to have something then get to drive it for a bit then think you are going to get it fixed at a good place, just to get screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well update got the injectors back from holders he flow tested them no issues of course. Well guy got them in today started and idled fine. He went to test drive it and it started acting up and bucking then big cloud of smoke again. He backed it back in the shop it died. He got out and heard air pulled valve covers not there so he is getting a hpop seal kit to real seal it. I was told it was pressure tested and passed but kmnow a air leak so hopefully it's just a o ring or something.

Any other possible ideas he said the oil pressure went crazy when it started acting up. Which when I started having the bucking and no power issue I taught it was stiction so maybe it's a bad I ring but only acted up with me in overdrive only.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
id love to see what your IPR screen looks like... I wonder if it ingested a bunch of crap from the head job...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
it also sounds like this guy has no clue what hes talking about...

DieselMater86

Reaction score
He checked the ipr screen it was clean and has when through the injectors harness and put to loom on it. Yea I'm bout to take off half a day tomorrow. That way I can do the checks for sure and have my truck done and back by saturday. I'm buying another truck and going to go through this engine myself. Thankfully I got a awesome job offer and can't pass up the pay increase for finishing this project and start my next

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well went up yesterday to help work on my truck so I can get it back. I spent 3 hours sitting at the shop getting story after story from him when he agreed to around 2-3 but yea stuck in traffic had to drop my dad off after the doctor then had to go get his fiance also his buddy was suppose to meet me at 6 never showed. Then sent me a long message saying his phone was dying and he was going to pay me for my time and gas. He had a gift for my family and me for working with him and being patient. I texted him back saying I will be at the shop at 9 am Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday idc but every morning till it's done or I will be calling the police and reporting a theft that he won't come to his place of business and meet a paid in full customer that wants their truck back.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well had to get the police involved to get my truck back. Kept getting I will have it done in 20 minutes after a dead line of 24 hours to put a ipr in supposedly the issue don't know if it is. But it's on a rollback headed home so I will take pics load them and work from there on putting it back together myself.

jake74

Reaction score
That sucks. I don't know why people do these things. If you say your going to do something do it and if you screw up make it right even if it comes out of your pocket and if you don't have the cash to make it right you shouldn't be running a business. Hope you get your truck going soon.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Hate to here it man hope it goes good for you now. Can't wait to see some good pics of your truck up an running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Stupid idea. Check the oil. Is it possible that yhere is 5-20 or something in it. Or fuel/coolant diluted? Possibly just change it for.piece of mind that it is correct as you seem to have gotten ***ked over real hard on this one.

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
Ever get that new seal kit put on the hpop? Make any headway with leak checking the system post new seal install? Seems really weird that it creates enough oil pressure to start and run but then goes nuts when a load is placed on the truck. Hope you get it figured out OP, I can only imagine how frustrated you are at this point.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well thanks guys for support. I haven't tested any of it myself. Got the truck back and in my shop. I know so far that he took my alternator and my ficm which I believe he put on his girls truck. Called me when I had the wrecker come and get it. I was across the street and his mechanic called me not the owner. Saying couple more hours I will have it done. After I said no release my truck. Instantly went to well what about the ipr sensor that's the one off the owners truck. I said well he told me it was brand new order friday. Well after that I called the cops for them to release my truck cause they were trying to get another hour so they could take parts back off my truck.

So thinking bout having a real shop that's well known estimate the repairs and fix my truck. Then that way when I got to sue him no one can't say I'm lying about parts. Also took pics with the wrecker driver standing there also as proof I'm not lying. So I don't feel sorry for the money he is about to lose. After this is all said and done I will post and do everything legally in my power to take any work I can away from him so no one gets done this way.

If you are having a shop in carthage tn doing any work on your truck don't liars and crooks

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well thanks to all of y'all for giving me advice on things to check and what to do. I got the truck back so far missing the alternator and ficm58v of course easy to spot. But I took the valve cover off to visually inspect some things with the new shop and found one bolt on the oil rail stripped and missing a bolt on the vavle cover. He found the braided oil line was loose as heck. So he checked out the truck and what state it's in.
Gave me a quote and going to pick up the truck this week soon as he gets this tranny job out. He has been working with the people that have been screwed over by the other shop. He said that for some reason lately the guy has went to crap. Says he has dealt with him over the years and no issues before just all of a sudden. But anyways he is going to get the truck back together so he can properly check it out and hopefully fix the issue. But if not he will be able to fully see what's the problem. He doesn't just want to guess and throw my money away.
He is saying by what info we have from the little drive time and crappy work it's a oil leak for sure. Going to take the injectors out have them flow tested to make sure I got the injectors I paid for not some crap lying around since all of the other issues from previous shop so a little piece of mind. Then he is going to start from there and start checking every bolt seal and gasket.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
It just got picked up friday and he has it tore down and i should have it back this coming friday. But after 10 mins looking at it found the ipr and block off plate for the egr were only hand tight hardly. This guy is taking pictures for me and documenting what wasn't done that I paid for. So I'm not rushing him.

But some good news did find that I had the injectors I paid for and that I do for sure have a powermax turbo not stock. So soon as I get it back I will post pictures and video of the truck. Yes custom tunes will be put on it for real this time too.