Need Some Input On My EX

Twinjracing

Reaction score
Looking for some input Guys. I want to do a few things to the 01 EX to add a little power and some looks. So I would like your thoughts and input.

First Tunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
who's would you go with I don't want a lot Just a litte help but don't want to kick a rod out. Also Rolling coal in not something I want to do so a clean or as clean as possable.

Second Gages Or Monitoring System
I'm thinking CTS I like the one in my 6.7 plus I can move it to the next truck. I know I need to buy an EGT Probe.

Thrid Exhuast
I Know on the OBS It makes night and day differance to chang the down pipe I don't think it matters as much on the SD.

Fourth Morrors
I broke my pass side one. So I just need to repplace it. But I'm thinking I might just up grade to 08 and newer.

Fifth Head Lights
Mine are foggy and can't see much with them. Should I just get replacement ones or 05 - 07???

I would like your thoughts. Thanks JJ

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Looking for some input Guys. I want to do a few things to the 01 EX to add a little power and some looks. So I would like your thoughts and input.

First Tunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
who's would you go with I don't want a lot Just a litte help but don't want to kick a rod out. Also Rolling coal in not something I want to do so a clean or as clean as possable.
I was really pleased with Tony's tunes when I was stock. ran clean and had good milege

Second Gages Or Monitoring System
I'm thinking CTS I like the one in my 6.7 plus I can move it to the next truck. I know I need to buy an EGT Probe.
no info here. but i'd assume it can convert over with a probe.
Thrid Exhuast
I Know on the OBS It makes night and day differance to chang the down pipe I don't think it matters as much on the SD.
DP isn't as crucial on SD's as it is on the OBS'S because of their crimped exhaust. But still a nice upgrade if your doing a full exhaust.
Fourth Morrors
I broke my pass side one. So I just need to repplace it. But I'm thinking I might just up grade to 08 and newer.

Fifth Head Lights
Mine are foggy and can't see much with them. Should I just get replacement ones or 05 - 07???
as for the mirrors and headlights, i'd say do a full 05 conversion and add the mirrors as well
I would like your thoughts. Thanks JJ

Sorry JJ i'm not an X guy. But I am a 7.3 guy. so take my suggestions to some stuff however you want.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Honestly, the only difference I noticed was about 50* cooler, and a louder exhaust tone over stock down pipe.

But if you are doing everything else. Why not

sent while staring at a windowed block

Twinjracing

Reaction score
Sorry JJ i'm not an X guy. But I am a 7.3 guy. so take my suggestions to some stuff however you want.

I know your a 7.3 guy and thats what most of this comes down to is making a 7.3 run alittle better.

Get the 08 mirrors You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner. They are night and day difference

sent while staring at a windowed block

I know I love the morrors on my 2012. Night and day.

Thanks Guys.

mustube

Reaction score
Someone in another thread made a good point about the cts being a theft magnet. Also, I don't think anybody is tuning them anymore.

The pre 05 headlamps with the clear lenses and 9007 bulbs are the brightest halogens but I don't think it's enough to justify picking that over 05's if you don't like the way they look. 05's with projector retrofits are where it's at if you want lighting performance.

Latest posts

Members online