New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Oh I know exactly what you are saying. I got tired of mine doing that crap real quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Little 2015 update/ concern

Running some errands today with about 420 miles on the new truck my exhaust clean out came on, on my way home, drove 6 miles or so got home and shut it off, that is the first time that I've seen it go into a clean out within the 420 miles( I thought that was good for lots of stop and go driving?)..later I had to fill up and head north up the interstate there was a little wind out of the east/ south east I set the cruise at 72 mph.... Reach my destination about 60 miles later with a 15.1 avg mpg( I was pretty content with that givin the 10-15 mph cross wind)

But driving home I got back on the interstate made it 10 miles or so down the interstate and the truck goes into exhaust clean out again ( only maybe 80 miles later from the last time) took my fuel avg Econ down to 13.2 by the time it was done( I think that kinda sucks) I watched the instant fuel Econ bar drop from my avg of 15mpg and go down to 10-11 mph it stayed there for over 28 miles( so I would say my truck cleaned out for 28 miles) because after that 28 mile or so stretch the instant fuel Econ bat jumped back up to 14.5 mpg

I have to say I do not buy a f350 diesel for fuel economy but my old 6.0 would get 16-20 mpg running up and down the interstate...
I hope the truck gets betterfuel Econ the more it breaks in and would fuel from a different station make that big of difference on how fast my exhaust filter plugs up?

My 12 did the same thing when brand new.. if I dont run howes diesel treat in it and Add about twice the recommended amount per fill up, I have gone nealry 1500 miles before the forced filter clean, all highway driving of course. Ive gone nearly 800 miles at times of 60mph or less with lots of stop and goes.. does it do it every time like that, nope, but it went from every 200 to 300 miles of 60mph or less driving to at least double if not triple at times between regen.. and from 400 to 600 on the freeway to double or triple between regen.. also have found that my source of fuel makes a lil difference too.. just something to try if you want..

It probably didn't finish the re-gen the first go-around and commanded another re-gen when the conditions allowed.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
This^^^.... ive noticed the same thing about 3 times in the 27k mikes I have on it now.. im guessing ill be over 30k miles by july 4th. That will make one year of owning it from driving it off the lot with 96 mikes on it..

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Over 500 miles, 2 regents and still hasn't went past 12mpg on the dash. Lol idk I've been nice to it so far. I'm going to rape it next week though. See how much difference it makes. Maybe none...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
mine took like 15k miles to get decent mileage

Mine started out good then got a lil worse then went back to good. But even on a bad day, without the fifth wheel behind it, it gets better mileage then my dually.. hook a load to them and the dually wins hands down.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Swung by the dealer today, got 4 2015's on the lot.

Lucky for me my 6.4 is still blown up, or the black CCLB platinum would be mine

IMAG0082.jpg

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about tuning. I have a feeling we'll see somebody tuning them on the SCT platform before long

I'm wishing on a star for an H&S MCC release :D

Reaction score
Tuning will be a couple months from what I hear.

The engine and trans performed just as I thought. It towed with no power complaints at all. The trans didn't downshift because at the weight I was towing at 6th gear was not usable and I lock it out. Tow haul mode on and engine brake on. Didn't have any large grades but what deceleration I did use was nicely assisted by the engine brake. It definitely has more breaking power than the previous year trucks.

6.4strokin

Reaction score
Not too bad of mpg considering it's probably not broke in yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online