New build coming MPD

blackmonster

Reaction score
MPD new build

Just to clarify, the elite engine had STOCK rods

Wayne correct it had stock rods with coated rod Bearings. And coated main bearings with piston coating-thermal barrier coating on piston deck and solid dry film on piston skirts. The pistons were also fly cut to match app stage 1 or 3 camshafts as well as needed bowl work.
6.4 ported intake manifold
6.4 powerstroke camshaft stage 2
6.4 ported and coated Ex manifolds
6.4 competition piston rings
Torque plate hone cylinder block
Deck cylinder heads
6.4 main stud kit H-11
Assembly of rotating engine components
Balance of rotatating engine components
Engine overhaul Gasket kit
This all cost me a lot of money. Plus I gave my brand new 6.4L short block as a core!
We all know how long that motor lasted. I am not saying it was anyone's fault that the motor went! I am over that.
That is water under the bridge! But Eric asked me why I was not doing rods.
I said because the 6.4L stock short blocks are good for over 1,000HP.
So why spend all that money again? Plus Craig said the new short blocks come with the better pistons now.
That's all I was saying guys. I am not turning this into a blame who game again. I have learned if you want to mod your motor. **** is going to go wrong!
It just took me a some time to figure this out.
So again to answer your question of why I did not go with rods or anything but a stock ford short block. There it is.
Thanks,
Joe

blackmonster

Reaction score
Let's just keep this thread on track. I am done with who did what or what happen before.
Water under the bridge!
I was just letting you know why I went with a stock short block.
Thanks

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Let's just keep this thread on track. I am done with who did what or what happen before.
Water under the bridge!
Thanks

Good call.

Good luck with your truck man.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Is your pimp hand strong?

garrett-pimpcopy.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score
Water under the bridge!
Thanks

This post and the one just before are probably the best 2 posts you've ever made. Well spoken.

blackmonster

Reaction score
MPD new build

This post and the one just before are probably the best 2 posts you've ever made. Well spoken.

Well thank you Wayne I guess it just takes time to figure out how things work in this Diesel truck performance world.
It also takes a lot of money Lol...
Dirt bike/Motocross racing was a lot cheaper.

Cory S

Reaction score
Well thank you Wayne I guess it just takes time to figure out how things work in this Diesel truck performance world.
It also takes a lot of money Lol...
Dirt bike/Motocross racing was a lot cheaper.

why has the truck been down so long? just curious.
and do you have any pics of the truck?

blackmonster

Reaction score
MPD new build

why has the truck been down so long? just curious.
and do you have any pics of the truck?

It has been down so long because of waiting for parts to come in.
The only pictures I have were the ones I posted already.
Craig will post some more when he is not so busy. I think next week they are going to start working on the truck again. Maybe he will get some pictures then.
Thanks,
Joe

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Stock blocks are on borrowed time at 1000hp levels. When you are into it this far, I really don't see why you wouldn't do rods...I don't know what happened to your other motor, but I would have learned from that!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Stock blocks are on borrowed time at 1000hp levels. When you are into it this far, I really don't see why you wouldn't do rods...I don't know what happened to your other motor, but I would have learned from that!

Search for threads that blkmonster has started That will tell you all you want to know.

blackmonster

Reaction score
MPD new build

Search for threads that blkmonster has started That will tell you all you want to know.

Hi Eric
I know he was just asking a question. But I am trying my best to keep this thread clean. Talking/ telling people to go back and read my old post is going to do nothing but cause conflict and tension. I have lived and learned in the past couple years. If there is a problem to take it up with the vendor.
Lets just try and keep this one clean okay buddy Lol..

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Hi Eric
I know he was just asking a question. But I am trying my best to keep this thread clean. Talking/ telling people to go back and read my old post is going to do nothing but cause conflict and tension. I have lived and learned in the past couple years. If there is a problem to take it up with the vendor.

Pretty sure he was posting that since I mentioned that I didn't know what happened to your last motor...found the post that told me everything that happened with pictures...:thumbsup:

Thanks again Erik.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Hi Eric

He asked, instead of mucking up the thread I told him how to find what he wanted. Doing that keeps this thread clean.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Only person I see fixated on the past in here is you, Joe. STFU about it and let the thread be about your build. Nobody cares about anything else honestly

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how smokey it is with a big single and 40's. Hopefully it's not, but i don't see how it can't be. The last single truck I was around, which wasn't that long ago, basically has the same set up your running on stock sized AT's and was smokey as hell

Latest posts

Members online