New Exhaust

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I'm late as usual I run the mbrp 5" and I find the drone annoying as hell. It does have a deeper tone than a 4" which my buddy runs. I also run the muffler that came with the setup and also have the ****** pipe which I had on first. That lasted 10 miles before switching out to the muffler lol.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I'm late as usual I run the mbrp 5" and I find the drone annoying as hell. It does have a deeper tone than a 4" which my buddy runs. I also run the muffler that came with the setup and also have the ****** pipe which I had on first. That lasted 10 miles before switching out to the muffler lol.
Thanks for the info! Sorry if I miss understand, but does it still drone with the muffler?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Sorry if I miss understand, but does it still drone with the muffler?

Sorry about that but yes it does. Around town it isn't bad but on interstate trips it can get bad. Some people it bothers some it doesn't but after having it on the truck for 5 years I'm over it lol.

Other than that great system I got stainless.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Sorry about that but yes it does. Around town it isn't bad but on interstate trips it can get bad. Some people it bothers some it doesn't but after having it on the truck for 5 years I'm over it lol.

That's exactly how I feel about my 5 inch on the Dodge. LOL I think we are getting old... It didn't bother me when I put it on eight or nine years ago.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score

That's exactly how I feel about my 5 inch on the Dodge. LOL I think we are getting old... It didn't bother me when I put it on eight or nine years ago.

You guys are just old fogies. Lol! I'm sure I'll be fine with it as long as it fits ok.

Turbosuzuki, what cab/bed configuration do you have?

ja_cain

Reaction score
As of now, 80% of my driving is back roads or stop and go. Either I'll love it or I'll want to rip my ears out. Lol!

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
You guys are just old fogies. Lol! I'm sure I'll be fine with it as long as it fits ok.

Turbosuzuki, what cab/bed configuration do you have?

CC short bed. You will be good, I'm just old that's all. I do sometimes want to put the muffler ****** back on because of all the ricers with far cans that race down my street. I obey the law don't speed or act foolish. In the morning I don't idle the truck long I limp to a local gas station to let her warm up just to not bother my neighbors but I had a lady ask me if I could quite the truck.
I told her miss this truck has a muffler on it that's all I can do.

ja_cain

Reaction score
CC short bed. You will be good, I'm just old that's all. I do sometimes want to put the muffler ****** back on because of all the ricers with far cans that race down my street. I obey the law don't speed or act foolish. In the morning I don't idle the truck long I limp to a local gas station to let her warm up just to not bother my neighbors but I had a lady ask me if I could quite the truck.
I told her miss this truck has a muffler on it that's all I can do.
I hear you man. I drive like a grandpa these days, but like good sound. Thanks for the info, btw. What is old these days? I can't get into that fart can ricer chit either. Lol!

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I hear you man. I drive like a grandpa these days, but like good sound. Thanks for the info, btw. What is old these days? I can't get into that fart can ricer chit either. Lol!

I just turned 44 a week ago. I got the 5" because it had a deeper tone. Keep us updated on it want to know what you think about it. When I first got my system I wouldn't go anywhere with the windows up lol. No problem glad I finally had some useful info for someone

TyCorr

Reaction score

My 5" isnt loud unless its 3/4 throttle or so. Easing my way to 60 all you'd hear is injector clatter and turbo whine. Now you cant hear much of anything as I have my clown tires (37" mt baja claws) on it.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I just turned 44 a week ago. I got the 5" because it had a deeper tone. Keep us updated on it want to know what you think about it. When I first got my system I wouldn't go anywhere with the windows up lol. No problem glad I finally had some useful info for someone
I turn 40 next April. Not too far behind you. Lol! I'll definitly post up some short term and long term impressions.

ja_cain

Reaction score
My 5" isnt loud unless its 3/4 throttle or so. Easing my way to 60 all you'd hear is injector clatter and turbo whine. Now you cant hear much of anything as I have my clown tires (37" mt baja claws) on it.
Thanks for the info as usual Ty. I don't mat it too often unless I'm trying to get in front of someone comming from an on ramp onto the high way. I hear you about the tires and injectors clatter making more noise than anything else.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

thats just a horrible horrible sounding motor. I honestly don't know how anyone on earth would drive one on purpose with a aftermarket exhaust... they definitely have something wrong with their Mellon
same with my dually and 5inch.. my 01 rclb with 4inch straight is quiet.. my 6.7 has the stock downpipe with 4inch dereet pipe with a 5inch derete pipe back and 6inch tip is quieter then both..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

ja_cain

Reaction score
So I open the box and say, "wtf did I get myself into!" Lol! That chit is huge!

79af4fb8c2e13772ea4162b9adca3190.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So I open the box and say, "wtf did I get myself into!" Lol! That chit is huge!

79af4fb8c2e13772ea4162b9adca3190.jpg

NICE!! it's easy to do.. do you have the stock exhaust on now?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass