New Exhaust

TyCorr

Reaction score
Because the ubolt clamps suck.
Also make it easier to take apart, if you ever need to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
On 5" exhaust pipe, its not really an issue. If you get em tight, Ive never had a single issue.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
On 5" exhaust pipe, its not really an issue. If you get em tight, Ive never had a single issue.
I have.. it sucks... when I took the tail section off the dually and put the mini stack in for pulling rules, and then had to adjust it a time or two, it dented and wouldn't come apart..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im not sure. Ive had this new 5" off my truck twice alreadu and no issues.

ja_cain

Reaction score
you must be getting old.. I was poking fun at you and I didnt even get a peep out you.. lol

live life full throttle

You can't bust balls on a person that doesn't have them. Lol! Frank is impervious to ball busting. Lmfao!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
Exactly. Lol

I'm just saying, I don't like the u bolt style. Many people would agree.
If you like those, cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I found some aluminized ones for $11 a piece on Amazon. Need to go look and see how many I would need.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Now I just need to decide whether I want a chrome tip or not. I was thinking something like this would be sweet!

05ade757417bd0c5edd8775d663d6a66.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
lol.

tip is all in preference.. just another spot to hold moisture and rot quicker.. my dually did that and I ended up getting a longer tip for it..

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
lol.

tip is all in preference.. just another spot to hold moisture and rot quicker.. my dually did that and I ended up getting a longer tip for it..

live life full throttle

I'm not going to run one. I don't see the point with 5" unless I want chrome/ss on the end.

cbf9703

Reaction score
you must be getting old.. I was poking fun at you and I didnt even get a peep out you.. lol

live life full throttle

Maybe, but mostly just busy.... been distracted trying to deal with some stuff and take care of family lately.

I'm not one to jump on the 12 valve is the best engine ever bandwagon. I'm not a Dodge kid even if I own one. Lol, but I am getting older and do love my dinosaurs....

Probably because I can't afford a new one! Lmao
You can't bust balls on a person that doesn't have them. Lol! Frank is impervious to ball busting. Lmfao!!!!

.😘

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cbf9703

Reaction score
I'm not going to run one. I don't see the point with 5" unless I want chrome/ss on the end.

I like the 5-inch tip on my 4 inch exhaust on the Excursion. I did a 6-inch tip on the 5 inch exhaust on the Dodge. Looking back I should have just stuck with 5-inch all the way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Now I just need to decide whether I want a chrome tip or not. I was thinking something like this would be sweet!

05ade757417bd0c5edd8775d663d6a66.jpg

That'd keep soot off your paint if you had enough fuel to run a lawn tractor LOL just playin buddy

I like tips i just didnt want one. I painted my whole exhaust so not necessary.

morepower02

Reaction score
I run tipless...there's always the just the tip or hide the tip but I don't want to take this off the tracks....

ja_cain

Reaction score
That'd keep soot off your paint if you had enough fuel to run a lawn tractor LOL just playin buddy

I like tips i just didnt want one. I painted my whole exhaust so not necessary.
No worries bud. I dont get offended easily. Lol! I would love to paint mine black. What brand paint did you use?

TyCorr

Reaction score
No worries bud. I dont get offended easily. Lol! I would love to paint mine black. What brand paint did you use?

Nothing special. I used rustoleum professional series spray bombs. I wiped it with wax n grease remover. Then scuffed. Then acetone. Then when that dries spray bomb it. I also did my downpipe and turbine with black vht high temp header paint.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I don't run a tip on my 5" but have read that if the exhaust doesn't stick out far enough it could resonate under the bed. Which I guess could lead to a noise or drone in the cab maybe.

Latest posts

Members online