New guy, 6.7 questions

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I'm going to the dealer for an oil change this week. May have them take a look. I don't know where all the filters are. :/

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I'm sure there is information on it here on the Forum. I'm at work and will look when I get home.

Drained 2 more jars before starting up to go home. If there was this much water, why didn't the light go off on the dash?

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Okay...

Just got home, and drained another jar out. I put some on my fingers and rubbed. Has an oily feel to it. Smells like diesel. Licked it (yea, I'm gross) and it tasted like fuel.

Figured I do a simple science experiment. Poured the jar into my toilet. All of the jar stayed on top of the water. Did the touch/taste test again. Definitely diesel.

Did a little digging, and found that Shell has "premium" diesel that is completely clear most of the time. Here is a link to another forum where a member was asking about it as well;

http://www.thedieselstop.com/archiv...42&page=49&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1.htm

Since my truck is running like a top, I'm not really worried anymore. I will go to a different place from now on, as I don't like the idea of clear diesel.

As far as my MPG drop, I put on 2 Ranch Hand bumpers and a winch, so maybe the extra weight is doing it.

Thank you all for the help. Great group of people here on the forum.

oilfieldstroker

Reaction score
Wow clear diesel that's pretty what's the word... stupid. Glad it worked out for you. I would have had a heart attack if I had a jar that looked like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The-Fett

Reaction score
I work with diesel all day bud and have never seen diesel straight clear like that. It always has a golden or yellow tint.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I don't like the clear diesel myself. Not going to go to that station anymore. Its kind of a shady truck stop anyway.

Truck broke down on me today. I gave the throttle a quick push thinking I was going to change lanes, but didn't due to a vehicle. Then got the dreaded "Pull over safely" message. Had to have AAA come tow it to the dealer. Luckily, I got the platinum extended warranty. Hope its something stupid.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I always check the color of diesel when in at the pump, as soon it starts pumping I pull the nozzle out enough to see the color, if there isn't enough green color to it, i stop and go somewhere else, been in to many bad situations with having to much water in the system and do everything I can to keep from getting water in the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Well, picked the truck up today. 2 EGT sensors. Drove anout 35 miles, and got the same message. Not to happy. :/ Dealer also found a small collant leak. I swore on my life I was smelling it after a long drive but could not find anything.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Elliott6.7

Reaction score
There has been a few 11's and 12's with leaky rads, same issue as the 08 -10's. Leaking where the plastic end tanks attach to the aluminum rad. My 12 had to get a rad replaced as well as a frost plug that was weeping on the passenger side of the block.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Ended up being a 3rd EGT sensor. Hopefully that's it! And to top it off, my tailgate was stolen when eating dinner last night. Bad luck.... grrr.

mattmal9

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how much does a new radiator cost for one of these things? I'm starting to have a coolant smell also...:lookaround:

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the warranty to be up before I delete the emissions crap.

Apparently the clear diesel is not common around most of the country. The Shell truck stop by me always has it. Truck has been running great.

Only issue I had was the stupid DEF tank sensor going wacko. Another warranty fix.

Can't wait to delete!

Haven't been on to post in a while. :)

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
You guys are smart I fill up at truck stops normally though..... By the time I see it I have 70 gallons in ......

I fill up at the same two stations all the time and know the fuel is good. Both Hess stations, one up north and one at the Jersey shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Truck has been running great. I have been keeping an eye on the fuel & it seems as the Shell stations have the clear diesel around here. Almost to 123,000 miles. Time for the delete soon.

Turns out, all the issues I had with EGT stuff was a known issue & was fixed with the warranty they issued. Still going to get rid of all that junk by the end of the year. Just had a baby & my wife is going to be staying home. Less $ coming in!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.