New Intake Manifolds

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
Is the glass going to stand up to the heat of the turbo?

It should. I am going to inlay some heat rap at the turbo. There will be room around the turbo. Still should get plenty of air flow.
I know this for sure. its been a big pain in the ass to build. everything is built in place in the fender. All I have to do is to do it again for the drivers side.

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
New up date and new issue.
I have about 500 more miles on the truck since I last did a up date.
Here is what is going on now.
One of my real problems was how to drain my turbos. Because they are so low on the engine. So what I did to help this is to put a vent in the fitting coming out of the bottom of the turbo as a vent tube.

IMG00315-20120225-0645.jpg

Now what I am seeing is as the boost goes up it, I am pushing oil out my vent tube.
I removed my PCV from the inlet of the turbo, and it just vents to the outside. So to try and get more of the blow-by out of the engine I decided to have the vent go back to the inlet of the turbo. But I wanted more. So I decided to use a breather on both sides of the engine. 2 vents, 2 turbos. Easy right, well not really. Now how do I put oil into the engine? So I decided to cut up one of my spare valve cover and to make a new one. This is what I came up with. With both sides of the engine venting the blow-by I should get rid of the problem of pushing oil out my drain line. Well thats what I am thinking, again only time will tell.

IMG00318-20120225-0647.jpg

IMG00320-20120225-0649.jpg

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
When turbos are mounted low it is often common practice to hook the drains up to a scavenge pump to evacuate the oil back to the pan.

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
The scavenge pumps are what I am trying to avoid. I don't want electric pumps if I don't have to. I may end up with pumps, I just don't want to start there.

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
What happened?

I decided to dump the breathers back to the turbos. With 2 turbos I wanted to use 2 breathers. When I am at the drage strip I get crap with the breather venting to the ground. They think that I may dump oil on the track. Which I understand.

Latest posts

Members online