Votes: 27 22.7%
  • Red Alert

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • REDiculous

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

907DAVE

Reaction score
I hooked the IDS up for the ride home, pretty sure most scanners can read that PID though.

I have Red Alto's, some Transgo stuff, Suncoast input shaft....and get this....a Banks converter.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
hmm That banks converter has not done bad then!! It is not designed for that type of power. Sounds like you have a good mixture of parts in there! Sounds like it worked good thou!

My gauge is supposed to do it but i can not get it to work. Might have to set it up for the pickup.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yeah, impressed the hell out of me.

Looks like the truck is getting parked until I can get the trans fixed, dont want to put any trash into the system if I dont have to.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Had a little free time today so I built this high tech trans rig out of old race car frame sections.....Lol. This is my broken spare I need to fixed first.

edydajyt.jpg

907DAVE

Reaction score
Was able to tear into the tranny today. Looks like there is more problems than just the converter. The OD and direct frictions show some wear but the intermediate clutches were smoked. I also found the forward drum was it pretty rough shape also.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Going to try a PI Stallion, E4OD forward drum and another set of those Alto's. I am not going to drop the coin on anymore billet stuff until I have the satisfaction of breaking the originals first.

I have the new drum, the converter should be here early next week and hoping to have the clutches ordered up soon.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Going to try a PI Stallion, E4OD forward drum and another set of those Alto's. I am not going to drop the coin on anymore billet stuff until I have the satisfaction of breaking the originals first.

I have the new drum, the converter should be here early next week and hoping to have the clutches ordered up soon.

What brand converter are you going with?

:toast:

907DAVE

Reaction score

Here's a pic of the E4OD drum. If you reference the picture above you will see its splined all the way though, this should prevent the drum from stripping in the future. However, I was told the reason the 4R100 drums were only partially splined was to prevent it from breaking from the lack of material on the opposing side due to the sealing rings.

Guess I will find out which one is stronger.

20130503_201852_zpsbd87906d.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. It will be interesting to see how it holds up. There is always the billet option after it breaks. :D But 735 for one part almost hurts.

907DAVE

Reaction score
My point exactly.

I dont mind breaking parts, but damn, no way I am going to spend that money on something that I may or may not need. I would much rather break one to justify the buy first.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I've broken a e4od and 4r100 drum in my truck at 600ish hp. Finally just went to the over sized intermediate and billet drum. it isn't fun the second time just makes me wish i hadn't gone cheap on my own stuff. I would suggest a billet o/d planet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.