Votes: 27 22.7%
  • Red Alert

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • REDiculous

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

907DAVE

Reaction score
Here's a video I took today while running some errands, moderate acceleration to about 80mph. Boost gauge on top, drive in the middle.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

As you can see boost/ drive ratios are looking fantastic so far.

907DAVE

Reaction score
If you pause it at 18-19 seconds it looks like 62 drive, 70 boost. I really hope that gauge is accurate, no reason it shouldn't be though. I took the snubber out and replaced it with a short section of 1/2 line to give me some dampening, then blew through the lines with shop air to make sure they were clear.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well I thought one looked lower but its hard to tell. Might check it with shop Apr just to make sure but that looks like its working well.

How did you end up plumbing the gate?

907DAVE

Reaction score
I will probably do that just to be 100% sure.

Gates are same as before, just added a few more zip ties to hold the lines on for the time being. Once I get things nailed down I will change the lines/ fittings to something better. Also considering some other ways to control the gates...but have yet to find a box that will do everything I want.

907DAVE

Reaction score
ajuvy4yn.jpg

That video is pretty crappy, need to find a better way...lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Looks to me like its working well, why change it?

So from driving it what kinda power do you suspect its making? I know its tough but a rough guess?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Right now everything is working just fine, but I have yet to really push this thing hard yet. I do plan on eventually running nitrous, and would love to keep a close eye on everything when that happens. There is no precision when trying to review crappy video's and make adjustments based on that alone. Its impossible to watch 4 boost gauges and a scan gauge to view how things are working together, and I have tried having other people help watch gauges....but that doesn't work either.

I am leaning towards just using an AMS-1000 along with my flight data recorder (VCM2), but really would love to overlay all this information instead of trying to compare two separate data-logs. I believe that the TCU from PCS is capable of doing everything I need, just not sure how flexible that platform is yet.

As for HP's...absolutely no clue. As you can tell from the video EGT's are very good for the amount of fuel its using (~2.5ms), and it cleans up nicely. Not sure if that's a good indicator of power levels, but its a good sign.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Theres a new dyno in Wasilla. Seth at P3 just got it up here. I saw it when I was over there this weekend all I know is its a mustang dyno. And he can do awd cars with it too.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I didnt ask. He just got it a few weeks ago and I think last weekend was the first cars he's had on it. Ill ask how much. That would be a cool trip. Come down, hit the dyno. Then head to the track 20 mins away!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Right now everything is working just fine, but I have yet to really push this thing hard yet. I do plan on eventually running nitrous, and would love to keep a close eye on everything when that happens. There is no precision when trying to review crappy video's and make adjustments based on that alone. Its impossible to watch 4 boost gauges and a scan gauge to view how things are working together, and I have tried having other people help watch gauges....but that doesn't work either.

I am leaning towards just using an AMS-1000 along with my flight data recorder (VCM2), but really would love to overlay all this information instead of trying to compare two separate data-logs. I believe that the TCU from PCS is capable of doing everything I need, just not sure how flexible that platform is yet.

As for HP's...absolutely no clue. As you can tell from the video EGT's are very good for the amount of fuel its using (~2.5ms), and it cleans up nicely. Not sure if that's a good indicator of power levels, but its a good sign.

Could you not data log everything with the Isspro Performax gauges? EGT's, Boost, Drive pressures... Could log that all together... Only thing that might be difficult would be TPS, but even RPM is avalable.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I would also like to view things like PW, ICP, etc - and have programmable PWM outputs for some other things I would like to do.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Power feels good. However, after a certain point its really hard to tell. Guess when you have to lock in 4WD anytime you lay into it means your making decent power.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Pretty sure the trans has had enough. I am getting a pretty noticeable RPM increase around 50psi in OD. Haven't hooked anything up yet to confirm converter/ trans issue yet, may do that tomorrow.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
What do you have now for a trans? Sounds like my trans. it will do the same thing! BUT with a 80hp tune. yours has a reason for doing it!

907DAVE

Reaction score
One I built way back when, I am surprised that it has lasted this long. Probably 50k over 500HP towing heavy multiple times a week.

I just confirmed it, TCC's are slipping about 300 RPM under heavy load. Looks like the trans is coming back out to get a new converter at the very least. I will go through the rest of it to get a good visual while its out.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
What did you use to test the slippage? I have a gauge that is supposed to test that but cant get it to work.

You must have done something right if the trans has lasted that long! What kit did you go with?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.