New S366 Installed!

TARM

Reaction score
Am I see that correctly or did his TQ peak @ 2200 and then nose dive? Then his HP stayed between 500 and 550 from 2200 all the way to 3700 with a 100% nozzle.

That's not a upgrade I would have chosen given your current setup. But if in the end your happy with it that all that matters.

muff

Reaction score
Unfortunately Jon from Beans had problems with his dyno and had Mass Diesel came down with theirs. Had an awesome weekend but should have taken some pics..

Here's my dyno sheet. I told them to let off at 3200 because they kept holding trucks at the rev limiter at the end of the pulls, they ran it in overdrive.

001.jpg

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
being he went from a 66... to a 66... i dont see a huge gain in order.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Its a different dyno. IM guessing your previous dyno run with the 38r was on bean's dyno?? His always reads a little high.

Remember a dyno.is a tuning tool. I agree a 367 or 467 woulda.got you.a little more with your injectors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

TARM

Reaction score
that first dyno run at the beginning of the thread just does not mesh; the second sets look much more inline. The 366 should get a bit more power than the 38r but should spool slower as well. You go from a BB to a JB and go from a smaller Turbine wheel to a larger all points to a slower spool given how close the housing AR are to each other. While the larger wheel should move more air is the designs are close you still have the same size comp wheel per RPM of the shaft. It should keep BP lower for a given comp pressure but I would think you still have comp wheel design and cover to deal with. Without maps of the comp and turbine its all a WAG IMO. Get it back on the dyno with the 38R and see what she does. My uneducated guess is 25hp more for the 366 if the fuel is there is the program. To do it right they would both have to be live tuned to really see.

I would guess 475 38r 500 366

muff

Reaction score
That sucks does it feel stronger? Different dynos...

The s366 definitely feels stronger up top and can clean up my injectors at WOT which was the reason for the switch.

I haven't had a chance to get it live tuned again and have only ran it on 100' dirt drags. I will be taking it to the 1/4 mile at some point this year.

They ran the truck in overdrive on the dynojet..is that common? Either way I am happy to be over 500hp with a 12 year old truck that has almost 250k on it now.

Put the 38r back on go dyno on the dynojet and let me know what you find...

Put the 38r on my other truck :thumbup:

TARM

Reaction score
IMO I would get it gated first then live tune it. That way you can get the top end dialed in as well with the gate keeping drive pressure inline.

Latest posts

Members online