New Shocks

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I switched from the stock shocks at 20K to the Carli tuned Fox 2.0 and it rides sooo much smoother but still feels planted in the corners. I have not experimented with any other types/brands though.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Difference the rear hellwig made is huge. I didn't have a factory sway bar and it prob made more of a ride difference than the fox 2.0. Debating the front now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06-sixoh

Reaction score
The Rancho shocks that come with the FX4 package, are motorcraft stamped shocks with Rancho stickers. Nothing more.

Tb...
You're still stock height and these are over the counter 2.0's? These valley "paved" roads are a killer in these trucks, and I've been wanting to go to something the softens up the ride a little and takes away the Rosedale Hwy railroad track hop. It seems the only thing I'm hearing on these forums is, the commuter is the only way to go. $2200 is a hard bullet to bite, to me, to drop on suspension. So if you're telling me these Fox shocks, not to be a substitute for the commuter, helps with dampening and washboard hopping, I might be buying some shocks.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Well I went to Costco in the dually yesterday and the big hit from those tracks is gone for the most part. Now my truck is a little heavier with a fuel tank in the bed plus a little more spring rate in back. Yes my truck is stock height. Yes the over the counter 2.0. I just think a piggyback shock is a little extreme for a road truck with just some off-road. You need to get into some quick bumps to use them.

Now for the towing opinion with the Fox 2.0. The back needs more dampening. So if you tow with some pin weight I would get Bilsteins. They are much better than stock but still need more. For an all around shock they are great. Bilsteins might be too stiff for most unloaded.
Overall I like them. He truck felt much better towing over the grade this afternoon. Many of the bumps that use to jar your kidneys loose were not as bad. The thing that still gets the truck and trailer is the overpass where the truck drops then the trailer follows just pounding Therese suspension. This is where the more dampening would help. But overall I am happy with them.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

My09Ride

Reaction score
I have an 09 F-250, and run kinda heavy. I run Firestone air springs to support the 5th wheel, and Firestone air shocks rather than the OEM shocks. Recently I have been getting a little bouncing pulling some hills. Would you replace the shocks or change the tune?

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Those railroad tracks are annoying. I run a 35 gal tank in the back of mine as well, so I usually have some added weight to help smooth things out. The heaviest I tow is about 10k, and that's just with the jeep loaded with a week and a half of camping or hunting gear. According to amazon, these shocks can be had for under $400 for a full set, which is pretty cheap for an added road comfort and handling. Would you say it was worth it?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have an 09 F-250, and run kinda heavy. I run Firestone air springs to support the 5th wheel, and Firestone air shocks rather than the OEM shocks. Recently I have been getting a little bouncing pulling some hills. Would you replace the shocks or change the tune?

So you run air bags and air shocks. Never heard of doing both.
I would put different shocks on it. If you daily drive unloaded a lot I would get the Fox. If you like dampening then get the Bilsteins.
The Fox shocks did great. Just j had something to compare too. If I didn't I wouldn't know and think they are the best because they did make a huge difference.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Those railroad tracks are annoying. I run a 35 gal tank in the back of mine as well, so I usually have some added weight to help smooth things out. The heaviest I tow is about 10k, and that's just with the jeep loaded with a week and a half of camping or hunting gear. According to amazon, these shocks can be had for under $400 for a full set, which is pretty cheap for an added road comfort and handling. Would you say it was worth it?

Compared to stock yes worth it. I couldn't find any for my truck under 500 even on Amazon at the time. If you do snatch them up.

dboat

Reaction score
Got the Fox 2.0 shocks on, wife says a much better ride. Can't wait to try it out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dboat

Reaction score
Took it out last night. What a nice improvement. Money well spent, glad I did it now rather than wait. These were just otc shocks, no special tuning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
That's what mine are just the normal. I think the only calving change would be more rebound control but that's just preference.

Latest posts

Members online