New shoes for the Ox

VanoFord

Reaction score
man that looks REAL sharp. I was just looking at a set of Welds just like that, since everyone is running black rims. and correct me, but you're just running a 2.5" Icon Coil Level kit right? And cleared the 37's no trimming or minor trimming? I have the 2.5 and want to tuck some 37's under it bad.

BlueOx

Reaction score
man that looks REAL sharp. I was just looking at a set of Welds just like that, since everyone is running black rims. and correct me, but you're just running a 2.5" Icon Coil Level kit right? And cleared the 37's no trimming or minor trimming? I have the 2.5 and want to tuck some 37's under it bad.

No sir, I'm running a 4in Zone lift kit. I do believe you can run 37x12.50 on a 20x9 with a 0 offset with the same amour or less trimming though

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

SAK

Reaction score
So are you saying that the tires do not rub at all? I find that hard to believe because my 37's rubbed the bumper brackets with a 5.5" lift.

You don't need a heart fun to remove the emblem, it will just peel right off. I puked mine of the day I got mine home like that.

Last edited:

BlueOx

Reaction score
So are you saying that the tires do not rub at all? I find that hard to believe because my 37's rubbed the bumper brackets with a 5.5" lift.

You don't need a heart fun to remove the emblem, it will just peel right off. I puked mine of the day I got mine home like that.

I had already removed the bumper brackets when I first installed the 37s on the 20x9 XDs SAK. I can turn these full lock sitting still and not rub anywhere right now. I did however get underneath my truck after they were installed yesterday and trim a couple edges on some metal brackets just to give a little more flex room. Now I do run the plastic liner if I'm backing up at full lock but it's not bad at all. Eventually I will get back underneath there and pull back the liner and zip tie it back, but for now I'm pleased with it!

BlueOx

Reaction score
Im partial to welds, but that right there is on the same level of pure freaking class. Love it!

LoL thanks man. Makes me feel better about the decision you saying that considering how nice your trucks look. I think Centerline did a good job on the quality of these rims for sure. I'd defiantly buy another set if I was presented the opportunity

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
on my 08 ecsb , the 35's were on the edge of looking too small with the icon 4.5" lift but still worked very well, going to 37's i think i woulda bumped up to the 5.5" or 6" to make the clearance look perfect and clear when having the wheels turned hitting bumps. im going to do a 36x15.5 on a 20x12 with the 4.5, i think that'll work fine.

truck looks good man ! let us know if it ever hits at full crank when hitting a driveway or bump. this will be good info for all moving forward, and be sure to post this info in the wheel/tech thread in the 99+ general section.

BlueOx

Reaction score
and pics with the decals removed.

I've only removed the FX4 sticker so far. I'm still on the fence about removing the door emblem.
u4epedyd.jpg

BlueOx

Reaction score
on my 08 ecsb , the 35's were on the edge of looking too small with the icon 4.5" lift but still worked very well, going to 37's i think i woulda bumped up to the 5.5" or 6" to make the clearance look perfect and clear when having the wheels turned hitting bumps. im going to do a 36x15.5 on a 20x12 with the 4.5, i think that'll work fine.

truck looks good man ! let us know if it ever hits at full crank when hitting a driveway or bump. this will be good info for all moving forward, and be sure to post this info in the wheel/tech thread in the 99+ general section.

It does make contact with the plastic liner at full lock when I pull into my girlfriends apts but I have to be swangin in pretty fast for it to make contact. I'll defiantly make a post in the tech tread for sure!

oneton

Reaction score
I've only removed the FX4 sticker so far. I'm still on the fence about removing the door emblem.
u4epedyd.jpg

yes,loose the door badging......still looks good

is that a sticker about the tailpipe?

Nj67

Reaction score
Killer looking wheels!!!
About the badge ... I bought another set to cut. I'm gonna cut off the two half circles and just leave powerstroke. Not sure if I can cut it but I'm gonna try.
Your truck will look good either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueOx

Reaction score
yes,loose the door badging......still looks good

is that a sticker about the tailpipe?

Yes sir that's a sticker above the tail pipe. And yea I'm planning on getting that emblem off sometime today.

VanoFord

Reaction score
I say you PTM those step bars the same as your 2tone silver. would give a nice flow from wheel to wheel then w/ just 2 colors.

BlueOx

Reaction score
I say you PTM those step bars the same as your 2tone silver. would give a nice flow from wheel to wheel then w/ just 2 colors.

Yea that thought has crossed my mind a time or two.

BlueOx

Reaction score
Side emblem has left the building.....

a2ujuzyz.jpg

Latest posts

Members online