New street toy build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I agree with the center seat belt delete, it would be an eye sore sitting there.

It is weird looking there, you made the right call. My seat belt came up from below through the seat.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I think it was the best thing to do as well. A lot of work though but it's my fault for not thinking ahead. He got it all removed last night though. Looks really clean

WOW! that's the best looking aftermarket hood I've seen yet for this model.:jammin:

Kinda what I was thinking too. The Cervini straight cowl just wasn't doing it for me and a ram air hood was out of the question. This just kinda fell into my lap

whats the benefit of a cowl hood?

or is it just a looks thing?

With today's technology in cars, I would be willing to bet that cowls are almost just for aesthetics anymore.

Leave it in primer and it adds 45hp.

You shoosh! lol

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i have heard it said, that under hood temps on 6.4's are lots higher than other models.

case in point, when i installed my snow plow, they told me not to install the brain boxes under the hood anywhere, as the heat would cause failures in them. they said to install them behind the drivers head light, over the wheel well.

would this hood help with that any, you think? the under hood temps, i mean.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i have heard it said, that under hood temps on 6.4's are lots higher than other models.

case in point, when i installed my snow plow, they told me not to install the brain boxes under the hood anywhere, as the heat would cause failures in them. they said to install them behind the drivers head light, over the wheel well.

would this hood help with that any, you think? the under hood temps, i mean.

I know Haller installed a cervinis on a customers truck and underhood temps went down some

JDub

Reaction score
I loved the fit and finish of the cervinis cowl hood I had. Wish they made one for my dmax

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

blk350on20s

Reaction score
You will love the hood. Its awesome and looks sick!
2012-09-01_17-06-14_520.jpg

2012-07-09_20-38-32_65-1.jpg

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You will love the hood. Its awesome and looks sick!
2012-09-01_17-06-14_520.jpg

2012-07-09_20-38-32_65-1.jpg

Yours looks killer! Hopefully mine comes out lookin that good.

Any chance you could get an under hood shot? I'm kinda curious to see how they are built and patience is not my strong suite so waiting to see mine is out LOL

Jeremy

Reaction score
Steve PM'd me on PSN looking for info on the XLT power group conversion I did a few years back to an 06 F250 XL.

This is a great thread...I'm not sure how I missed it.

So as stated above...I performed a power-window, power-lock, power-lighted heated mirrors conversion on a 06 Regular cab I used to own about 4 years ago.

This is how I did my conversion, there may be a easier way, I’m not sure. I couldn’t find any info on how to do it when I did mine.

I used parts from a Donor truck that was also a 2006 but a CrewCab. The cab harness(which is huge) was overkill for the reg cab, so I pulled the extra wires out of the harness that I wouldn’t need. The rear windows and door locks, and door ajar wires etc. I also snagged the VSM, RKE’s, and doors(so I had the window motors and door lock actuators from the donor). If you are attempting this swap you may want to get the fuse box as well (as some trucks don’t have the correct fuse boxes for the power group)
I spliced the harness together with the existing harness when possible(like the dome lights, map lights, 3rd brake light and cargo light, I spliced those together in the left rear corner of the cab) and I used heat shrink connectors with solder on all connections. The harness, window motors, door lock actuators, VSM behind the radio, etc etc was all plug and play.

The difficult part was getting the instrument cluster reprogrammed so the truck knew it had the power group now. I had the cluster from the donor, so I figured out what was wrong and why it wouldn’t work correctly until I swapped the donor cluster in. The dome lights and door switches are controlled by the cluster. The relay that turn off the dome light if you leave them on, is as well. I have a buddy that works at ford and is pretty sharp with IDS, we used the Vin from the donor truck(XLT) to pull up the as-built info(in FMC dealer) and programming numbers for that trucks instrument cluster(XLT). We then performed an as-built reprogramming on my truck with the org cluster(XL) installed and changed the as-built numbers in the programming sequence to the donors trucks as-built number for its cluster. There by turning my cluster into a XLT cluster. I made it sound easy in that write up but we screwed with it for 3-4 hours to get it to work, and it was 4 years ago so you’ll have to forgive me I may have forgotten a step or two.

When I was done, I had power-heated- with signals- tow mirrors, power window, power locks, and RKE.

I hope this helps.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Steve PM'd me on PSN looking for info on the XLT power group conversion I did a few years back to an 06 F250 XL.

This is a great thread...I'm not sure how I missed it.

So as stated above...I performed a power-window, power-lock, power-lighted heated mirrors conversion on a 06 Regular cab I used to own about 4 years ago.

This is how I did my conversion, there may be a easier way, I’m not sure. I couldn’t find any info on how to do it when I did mine.

I used parts from a Donor truck that was also a 2006 but a CrewCab. The cab harness(which is huge) was overkill for the reg cab, so I pulled the extra wires out of the harness that I wouldn’t need. The rear windows and door locks, and door ajar wires etc. I also snagged the VSM, RKE’s, and doors(so I had the window motors and door lock actuators from the donor). If you are attempting this swap you may want to get the fuse box as well (as some trucks don’t have the correct fuse boxes for the power group)
I spliced the harness together with the existing harness when possible(like the dome lights, map lights, 3rd brake light and cargo light, I spliced those together in the left rear corner of the cab) and I used heat shrink connectors with solder on all connections. The harness, window motors, door lock actuators, VSM behind the radio, etc etc was all plug and play.

The difficult part was getting the instrument cluster reprogrammed so the truck knew it had the power group now. I had the cluster from the donor, so I figured out what was wrong and why it wouldn’t work correctly until I swapped the donor cluster in. The dome lights and door switches are controlled by the cluster. The relay that turn off the dome light if you leave them on, is as well. I have a buddy that works at ford and is pretty sharp with IDS, we used the Vin from the donor truck(XLT) to pull up the as-built info(in FMC dealer) and programming numbers for that trucks instrument cluster(XLT). We then performed an as-built reprogramming on my truck with the org cluster(XL) installed and changed the as-built numbers in the programming sequence to the donors trucks as-built number for its cluster. There by turning my cluster into a XLT cluster. I made it sound easy in that write up but we screwed with it for 3-4 hours to get it to work, and it was 4 years ago so you’ll have to forgive me I may have forgotten a step or two.

When I was done, I had power-heated- with signals- tow mirrors, power window, power locks, and RKE.

I hope this helps.

Damn.... wanna drive to colorado for a weekend? lol

Appreciate your post Jeremy. I'll be calling with lots of questions :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online