New truck - need some opinions.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
uhyvagys.jpg

vugubyna.jpg

The truck just arrived today, I gave it a quick once over. So far I'm pretty impressed considering I bought it without seeing it. It's bone stock, the engine runs well, only DTC showing EGR insufficient.

Stupidly I did not realize that the truck is a Cab and Chassis, now I am kicking myself in the @$$ for that. I should have known better. My original thought was to fix it up, mount a bed and sell it. So do I cut the frame and shorten the chassis mount the bed and proceed?

OR....

I have also been playing with the idea of building it into a race truck. Then The chassis is not really an issue, whether I cut it or not.

What's your guys thoughts with this?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

And again, people mention these ghost panels, but I feel like I am chancing a pink elephant! Anyone know who is selling them?

I am planning on going to pick up a bed this weekend but would like the reassurance that they really exist.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Frame is more narrow so will need to redrill holes
Tank is remounted so either run fuel lines from front to back or easiest get a door added in the rear of fender
Bed needs to be raised a little in rear so the tailgate will function.
Bed needs to be trimmed also so it will sit on the frame.
frame needs to be trimmed so a bumper will fit on it without leaving a large gap between bumper and bed
bed needs to be supported down the frame rails since they are straight you will need to fill the gap with box tubing or something or else the bed will give in the middle as soo. As something heavy goes in it..

Centeriun (misspelled) and roll a long use to do the fillers. If it was a "project" I would buy a junk bed and just add a section in it. That would look the best and most factory.

also the rear is more narrow but I dont think anyone would really notice it to much. If it bothered you that much add a small spacer

Last edited:

ford rules

Reaction score
Chop the back of the frame off 4 link it throw some bed skins on it call it a day

skniceley

Reaction score
Buy a duramax. Lol, no get you one of those polished aluminum beds and run you a couple stacks up .

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
On the formal race truck I am thinking I remove the pick up bed and lay some Mahogany planks, with a shellac varnish, and some diamond plate to cap the end grain. Then weld in a steel plate to receive a ball for a goose neck hitch, even though it will never tow anything.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I havent seen a real nice wood flat bed in a long long time. That is a good idea imo.

I remember as a kid seeing some pretty trick wooden flats, ppl just dont do it anymore i guess. Not up here where i am now anyways.

Latest posts

Members online