New truck!

always-strokin

Reaction score
Beans will send you the chip and the tuning to go on the chip. You use a selector knob to control the tune. The chip plugs into the pcm by the drivers side kick panel.

Lysons

Reaction score
Beans will send you the chip and the tuning to go on the chip. You use a selector knob to control the tune. The chip plugs into the pcm by the drivers side kick panel.

You said your dads had more than a chip alone. My factual examples were based off a truck that had everything...short of injectors/turbo

I know how to plug a chip in lol.

Jason, I swear I can do the English real good.
Real good.
I just done goofed and my train of thoughts went off the rails.

Lysons

Reaction score
Well transmission, tires/rims, chip, turbo wheel, exhaust and intake are all being sorted out right now.
Now I need to find some fender flares.
Anyone willing to help a noob out with a good price?

PSD715

Reaction score
There are only two ways to not get better mileage with good tunes.
1st - hauling a$$ everyywhere
2nd - the exact opposite.

Anything inbetween = better mpgs than stock. The fuel spent accelerating slowly for a longer time outweighs what it takes to just accelerate normally and cleanly.

Show me a stock 7.3 that can pull off 24 hand calculated city/highway mixed, and I'll gladly step outside the mpg "bubble"

Jason

Reaction score
And I can tell you anybody who claims to get 24 mpg fron a eclb 4wd obs is an idiot.

Accelerating slowly does not burn more fuel, i don't accelerate slowly, or drive like an old man either.

oneton

Reaction score
i would leave it alone for awhile.i have never seen a truck bought from a rb auction that was not ***ked in some way.drive it as is for awhile,if no issues then start spending money on it.

MINK

Reaction score
Calm down everyone, this is the first time I've seen a 17yr old kid get on here and really show well.

I will stick to your questions rather than argue with you about mileage and other bs.

Go with the TS chip from Beans, NLD, Truck source or Matt @ Gearhead

For the intake I really like the S&B kit for the 7.3.

Exaust is really up to you, MBRP is better quality and will likely hold up to your northern conditions better than some.

I sugest buying everything from the same vendor to help save some money and cost of shipping. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your truck!

oneton

Reaction score
op why dont you work the summer and save that money and any other you can.drive the truck as is then next spring/summer order all your parts and install all at once.that way if something does happen your not broke and your truck is broke.

also as mink said,he's pretty good for being a 17yo high school student,about not wanting too stack chips and roal coal :D

MINK

Reaction score
op why dont you work the summer and save that money and any other you can.drive the truck as is then next spring/summer order all your parts and install all at once.that way if something does happen your not broke and your truck is broke.

also as mink said,he's pretty good for being a 17yo high school student,about not wanting too stack chips and roal coal :D

No joke. Now just have to see how patient he can be.

How are these posts on topic? Who gives a phuk if he wants to spend money now on some mods. We've all been there, right or wrong.

PSD715

Reaction score
How are these posts on topic? Who gives a phuk if he wants to spend money now on some mods. We've all been there, right or wrong.

Anybody who doesn't wanna see a post by him next month about broke sh*t & his truck being down for a while, and knowing they could've advised against it?

Lysons

Reaction score
i would leave it alone for awhile.i have never seen a truck bought from a rb auction that was not ***ked in some way.drive it as is for awhile,if no issues then start spending money on it.

RB gave us a great deal on it because they missed something in the inspection.
A slipping tranny.
But that is already sorted out because of friends in Edmonton, me and dad being mechanically inclined, and mechanic friends.

:whs:
At least put a couple thousand miles on it. Just to see what issues may arise as it is

This truck will be used and abused.
Owned by a 17 year old, used for boat hauling, snow plowing, etc.
So we will see.

OP, keep stock wheels. Get better tires. Get some bushwacker flares.

I found a wheel and tire combo that is an awesome deal, so I may end up putting these aside for a while.

Calm down everyone, this is the first time I've seen a 17yr old kid get on here and really show well.

I will stick to your questions rather than argue with you about mileage and other bs.

Go with the TS chip from Beans, NLD, Truck source or Matt @ Gearhead

For the intake I really like the S&B kit for the 7.3.

Exaust is really up to you, MBRP is better quality and will likely hold up to your northern conditions better than some.

I sugest buying everything from the same vendor to help save some money and cost of shipping. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your truck!

For now, we are just going to get an Edge programmer for sake of budget.
We found it for less than $200.
Intake, I might just do a 6637 or a spare K&N we have, if I can find the filter..:doh:

Because the job I am SUPPOSED to be working has given my summer position away to another guy.
So I am trying to find work on a rig with the soon to be brother in law.
And I find nothing appealing about being that jackass smoking whenever he looks at the throttle.
Clean diesel is a bit more appealing.

No joke. Now just have to see how patient he can be.

I am usually pretty patient, so I might just leave it as is for a while.
We'll see where things go.

It almost sounds like my FinMan 20-1 course...LOL

Anybody who doesn't wanna see a post by him next month about broke sh*t & his truck being down for a while, and knowing they could've advised against it?

The truck won't be broke. I have a soft foot.
Most of the time..
Plus if anything breaks, there is an abundance of parts at my dads friends place.

X2 the kid didn't ask for a lecture on how to spend his money.

It's nice to see you guys care so much about us young bucks LOL

no lecture just offered him another option he may not of considered.

I am considering everything right now, but I am thinking that for what the truck will be used for, these are my greatest options.
We don't feel like using the 2012 F350 for pulling a 20 foot boat 45km.

Lysons

Reaction score
I am in need of transmission help.
So I was told by a friend that when you are installing a tranny on a 7.3, you have to put the torque converter on, and twist it 3 times for it to lock?
Now I have no clue what he was talking about. At all.
Anyone willing to offer information on this?
And what do I need for a 6.0 tranny cooler to hook up?
Just a little adapter for the hoses?
And one last question.
Found a spare turbo for like $200.
Guy says it has a little up and down play, should I run like hell?

Jason

Reaction score
Why do you need another turbo? Why are you asking about putting tq converters in your truck? Is this a small list of questions because your tc is toasted and you're fixing to drop a new one in yourself? Or are you just arguing with a friend and want us to prove someone right?

My best advice to you, is instead of 1,000 questions...write down a list of questions, as they come to you. Then, slide up to your computer, and search, search, search...like you're looking for a dead body search. And read...don't skim, read over and over and take in what you're reading. Also, it may not be a bad idea if someone local to you has a cheap core 7.3, maybe that's blown up or something, to snag that up from them, sit down in front of it, and start taking it apart. Leaen how it goes together, how it all works.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.