New turbo suggestions

swinky

Reaction score
Did you see any of the names and videos I posted? Or the other guy that posted?

Plenty of slips out there. Go ahead and do your research. No reason to derail this thread any further.
Wtf is that video supposed to prove? Looks like a laggy pig to me.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Wtf is that video supposed to prove? Looks like a laggy pig to me.

That was a non-boosted launch and just rolling into the throttle. Guys was worried about his stock tranny. Still did 13.0 at 105mph with 190/100s in an 8200lb ccsb 4x4 truck lifted on 35s with stock gearing. Backed up the number at TSD and track hp was within a couple hp of Dyno HP. WTF??? Do you have a problem? Is it because that "laggy pig" did better than your truck? That must mean your truck is a SUPER LAGGY PIG. Are you just pissed that your truck is slow or what? I don't get the hatred? You know half the guys on that list? Go ahead and talk to them. You are beating a dead horse. Lots of guys have made 600hp with under 40psi.

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
That was a non-boosted launch and just rolling into the throttle. Guys was worried about his stock tranny. Still did 13.0 at 105mph with 190/100s in an 8200lb ccsb 4x4 truck lifted on 35s with stock gearing. Backed up the number at TSD and track hp was within a couple hp of Dyno HP. WTF??? Do you have a problem? Is it because that "laggy pig" did better than your truck? That must mean your truck is a SUPER LAGGY PIG. Are you just pissed that your truck is slow or what? I don't get the hatred? You know half the guys on that list? Go ahead and talk to them. You are beating a dead horse. Lots of guys have made 600hp with under 40psi.

:whs: No need to get off subject here...KC knows his stuff. This is not a laggy pig actually its a very quick truck...Ill back up KC all day! He knows his stuff, you have your own opinion, just keep it to yourself.

swinky

Reaction score
When you post a link you can't see the YouTube description.

mikah215

Reaction score
You have already had a bunch of great advice. I will just add to it a little.

35lbs of boost on the stock turbo is way out of its efficiency range. Most guys see 24-30lbs. The only reason I mention that is that you might not see a huge boost increase with a new turbo. 35-40lbs of boost is plenty for 600hp.

190/30s will be a little limiting on the nozzle size... but still a very good sized injector IMO. Lots of guys running them and really like them. They seem to make very good clean power. It is possible to hit 600hp... but I would not bet on it. I have ran 175/stock, 175/75, 285/75, and 190/30... my favorite combo so far is 190/30... But I do a lot of Daily driving in a big metropolitan area and plan on doing a lot of towing.

Like was mentioned before... getting rid of those 37s will really help.

It sounds like you are leaning towards non-vgt turbos but you asked about drop-in turbos. Let me know if you have any questions or need any pricing on some drop in vgt turbos.

We sell a lot of 190/30 + KC 64mm stage 2 turbo combos (drop in turbo). Makes lots of power, really fun to drive, runs very clean, and can still tow anything... BUT... you are probably going to be in the 530-580hp range.

190/30 + KC 68mm stage 3 turbo will get you closer to 600hp (550-600hp) but you will still be limited on the fuel side. Also it gets really hard to tow big loads up any grade once you get into the stage 3 68mm vgt range.

I think I'm leaning more towards the kc68 stage 3 because I don't tow much at all and also if I do ever change the nozzle the 68 will be there instead of upgrading the 64 to a 68

03 f250 6.0 Sct with innovative tunes 5in exhaust coolant filter blue spring 190/30 bulletproof ficm&water pump aluminum rad Arp studs 8in lift 20x14 on 37s

swinky

Reaction score
I think I'm leaning more towards the kc68 stage 3 because I don't tow much at all and also if I do ever change the nozzle the 68 will be there instead of upgrading the 64 to a 68

03 f250 6.0 Sct with innovative tunes 5in exhaust coolant filter blue spring 190/30 bulletproof ficm&water pump aluminum rad Arp studs 8in lift 20x14 on 37s
I'm a non vgt fanboy obviously..... But that's a good plan. Definitely go bigger than you think you need to. You'll be very happy with whatever route you go I'm sure.

Merc82

Reaction score
Enjoy my setup, runs great, Charlie is a good dude to deal with, good customer service and very knowledgable. If you go that route you should be happy OP. I may step up to a 68 vgt or a non vgt in the future, but be able to tow comfortably is a big deal with me.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I have 190/100 looking to upgrade my turbo soon. I'm just running a stock turbo now. But I don't know if I want a non Vgt or a Vgt I've a s366 or s467 would be good for a non Vgt and a kc or barder 68 would be a good Vgt but like I said I don't know what's best and easier on my pocket. Truck doesn't tow more of a street truck maybe looking to get some good Dyno numbers but mostly a daily driver street truck.

swinky

Reaction score
I have 190/100 looking to upgrade my turbo soon. I'm just running a stock turbo now. But I don't know if I want a non Vgt or a Vgt I've a s366 or s467 would be good for a non Vgt and a kc or barder 68 would be a good Vgt but like I said I don't know what's best and easier on my pocket. Truck doesn't tow more of a street truck maybe looking to get some good Dyno numbers but mostly a daily driver street truck.
A 366 or a 68vgt will fit the bill well. What sound do you like more? Ever plan on going to a bigger injector?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
A 366 or a 68vgt will fit the bill well. What sound do you like more? Ever plan on going to a bigger injector?

My 190/100 is probably the biggest for this truck I could probably get like 600hp out of the 190/100. 68mm Vgt vs. s366 any power difference. What's the price difference? S366 plus t4 up pipes and stuff... Vs. barder 68

jban126_f350

Reaction score
nevermind my above post. It comes down to what you want at this point, if you go non-vgt matt will take care of you.

That's what I'm in between. Is there power difference between them? How bout reliability factor. What's better? It's mostly a daily drive just a really fun daily driver. And I know this May sound dumb of me but what's the difference between the s300 series and the s400 series again is one better then the other. You guys know more than me. I want power and long term reliability. Again daily drive maybe a track run or so on 37's lol probably won't win lol

swinky

Reaction score
That's what I'm in between. Is there power difference between them? How bout reliability factor. What's better? It's mostly a daily drive just a really fun daily driver. And I know this May sound dumb of me but what's the difference between the s300 series and the s400 series again is one better then the other. You guys know more than me. I want power and long term reliability. Again daily drive maybe a track run or so on 37's lol probably won't win lol
Get with matt. Power difference is debatable. There's a lot that goes into it. There's a crew cab with a s366 that's running 12.2s. That's faster than any comparable vgt truck I've seen. I plan to be running 12.4-12.5 in my crew cab. It really comes down to personal preference. Some people like the exhaust whistle and some don't.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Get with matt. Power difference is debatable. There's a lot that goes into it. There's a crew cab with a s366 that's running 12.2s. That's faster than any comparable vgt truck I've seen. I plan to be running 12.4-12.5 in my crew cab. It really comes down to personal preference. Some people like the exhaust whistle and some don't.

I like the exhaust whistle but I can live with out it. People at the shop I work at make fun of me for it haha there like I didn't know we worked next to a airport haha cutting edge just said like under 1500 for a kit and a barder is what 22-2300? I heard barders are really nice but I just want what's gonna hold up the best and the best bang for my buck

Latest posts

Members online