New WW II

skylinedan

Reaction score
Ok, this is deal I got one coming from Bob. What I,m gonna do is set up my camera and get video of it running, do some power brake pulls for the sound, then switch it out to the WW II so people can get an idea of the difference between the two. I'm running a 1.15 turbine housing with a stock wheel and ATS ported shroud. I have yet to hear of anyone switching to this wheel with this set up so I thought people would be interested in this.

Dan

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'm running that same setup with 160s. Works wonderfully except the small exhaust leak I havent had time to fix. But still performs better then the stock wheel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

skylinedan

Reaction score
Cool, The other thing is. I got a Hydra coming too, so I,m not sure if I'm gonna do the video with it or the DP I have now on the truck. I,m running stock injectors so it will be interesting to see how much better the thing feels after the wheel switch.

Dan

fbilly420

Reaction score
I am running the WW II in a van turbo on my truck with stock comp housing. It is incredible how much faster it spools and picked up about 4-5 psi boost on the top end. Great investment.

Looking forward to your videos.

fordornothing

Reaction score
I have it on my E99 and it works great! It hasn't even tried to surge and I pickup up 6 PSI on the top! The spool is a lot faster than stock too. Another thing I like is the whistle is a little bit more quiet.

skylinedan

Reaction score
Got it in today, wow what a difference that makes. I think it spools more than twice as fast compared to the stock wheel I had with my 115 set up. It's been raining like hell here so I really couldn't drive it hard at all, I got into it a few times, but it pretty much lights the tires up when things get serious, LOL. It has a cool whistle to it, and it pulls harder I can tell. I did'nt get any video because I cant load it enough to get much if any boost, but I think most on here know what it sounds like.
The roads dry up, I'll get a better feel for it. Hope it's a better day tomorrow, not so much rain.

Dan

pontiacross

Reaction score
I helped a friend install one of these last night. we took it for a short test drive in the dark on curvy road so he didn't push it very hard but the difference was pretty noticeable already. he hooked it to a trailer today and said the difference was unreal. I'm still waiting on boost and egt numbers though.
he is running a late 99 with stock injectors and a ts 6 position chip

Reaction score
Most likely going to buy my buddys E99 with a ZF6 stock injectors and doing the gutted ebpv housing/pedestal before i throw the motor back in, been reading on this ww2 and sounds like i want to add that to the list. Anything else i should modify the stock E99 turbo? exhaust housing? compessor housing?

Last edited:

mattman347

Reaction score
I put one in the tow rig and noticed less smoke across the board right away. It really makes a difference, I will know more about towing this weekend.

Southmike

Reaction score
Most likely going to buy my buddys E99 with a ZF6 stock injectors and doing the gutted ebpv housing/pedestal before i throw the motor back in, been reading on this ww2 and sounds like i want to add that to the list. Anything else i should modify the stock E99 turbo? exhaust housing? compessor housing?

there isn't much for he e99 turbo.. wheel, turbo master wastegate controller.
stupid expensive bellowed up pipes that I believe even still use the gasket. or a diy d66ish turbokit ....now there is a 360° bearing rebuild kit.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Turbo master has a lot more control.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Turbo master has a lot more control.

My brother installed one on his truck last night. Nice little difference when the boost isn't bleeding off early and you can feel it pulling through the entire power band instead of falling off. Now I just need to install mine :doh: There was a lot of cussing when he did his with the turbo still on LOL

Southmike

Reaction score
Banks has a version for the earlies... but turbomaster is easier to adjust and cost less iirc.

Latest posts

Members online