Newb to ******** Questions

Lugger007

Reaction score
Lately I've been going back and forth on ******** (*** & egr) from the truck as my EGR cooler needs to be cleaned or replaced, and one of the sensors in the DEF sending unit **** the bed and the whole sending unit needs to be replaced.
I've read on this forum and others throughout the web but still have a few questions. All help is appreciated.

I've seen some people say you need to do a new intake when you fully ******, true or false?

Some retailers have packages, and list a tuner (i.e H&S mini maxx) but then also say a monitor (i.e Edge Insight or CS) is required. I thought you could tune with an Edge insight type device?

Also, to confirm I can install a straight pipe only and not a full new exhaust?

I'm looking for reliability, but not to turn it into a race truck. I can replace the parts that broke but wanted to look at all avenues first.
Thanks for the help guys, trying to understand this stuff so I make the right decisions.

Brian

Notneb

Reaction score
You need a tuner to program the truck, and an exhaust to replace the DPeFf. You can leave everything else stock. I would suggest replacing your stock plastic intercooler pipe with the H&S version if you're looking at reliability.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.