nhrda desert diesel nationals

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Also found out after the races that some of the tool bags from Queer Valley Diesel thought it'd be funny to put their bullchit stickers on Dennis Schroeder's truck while he was racing. ***king losers. Otherwise, great event. Thanks again Dennis for dinner. Had a blast with everybody. Got to see old friends and new. Great time

You just had to go and post that and try to get me pissed again...didn't you? Aren't you due for a NAP or something?

There is sooooo much more to that story, but it's just not worth dwelling on. I'd rather just forget about it, my blood was boiling enough on Saturday to last a lifetime. Between that incident and getting burned down in the beams because the system didn't redlight a guy that rolled out off the line after lighting both bulbs (which resulted in an overheated truck that shut down with a terrible sound that had me very concerned for a while)...I have to believe my blood pressure was high enough to concern any doctor.

I really did have a great day at the track overall, but I needed a few good laughs after those incidents and the WOP crew always manages to deliver...thanks guys!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Ya that's b.s. Dennis is one of the classiest guys in the diesel game I've met thus far. All I can say is shake it off bro.

I appreciate that more than you know!

I'm pretty good and forgetting BS like this...I've got much more important stuff to worry about. As long as Steve doesn't keep egging me on, we'll be fine!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I appreciate that more than you know!

I'm pretty good and forgetting BS like this...I've got much more important stuff to worry about. As long as Steve doesn't keep egging me on, we'll be fine!

You know better :D

I just wanted people to steer clear from the jealous douche bags. Dennis is a class act. No question. Didn't deserve that. Thanks again for a great time Dennis.

Erik, you know somebody would've got doomed

Erikclaw

Reaction score
LOL we both roll up on them I am sure they would bail. My biceps are like a magic 8 ball..

Last edited:

JDub

Reaction score
Just downloading pictures and videos now. Good to be home but had an incredible weekend in sunny Arizona. Beautiful weather and great times with friends. HUGE thanks to Dennis and Nate at Strictly Diesel and the NHRDA for busting their ass to help provide such an awesome event for us competitors. Over the past couple years, this event has turned into a "can't miss" on our list.

There had been talk all winter to make a turbocharger change on the Lightning truck for the new season and a last minute decision was made 8-days before we had to leave for the event. Started the fabrication of the Triple Turbo system on Wednesday last week, somehow got it completed the following Wednesday just in time to fire it up, check for leaks, and load it in the trailer to make the drive down to AZ Thursday morning. Was alot of unknowns going into the first test pass Friday night, but once again Pius at Bell Turbo pulled it off. The new Triples worked better than expected...incredible spool-up and awesome manners going down the track. Truck made 110-psi boost pressure fuel only at well under 1:1 drive ratio. Zane said he didn't really even need to spool-it, turbos made instant boost at the wack of the throttle. Had to do some fine tuning on our wastegate settings throughout the day, but think they're pretty well dialed in after just 4-passes.

Truck ran a best of 10.17, time slip trap speed was off but our data logs show it was around 138mph. Race against Max'D Out was very exciting...our 10.17 to his 10.19, lost it on a holeshot, think it made for a great show though. Lots of other fast trucks running, sucked to see so many guys break in the Test n Tune the night before, would like to have those trucks running in front of the crowd on race day. All and all we had a great weekend, so glad its finally race season again.

2630501100075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2677097860075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2498291660075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2617351450075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2164374520075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Just downloading pictures and videos now. Good to be home but had an incredible weekend in sunny Arizona. Beautiful weather and great times with friends. HUGE thanks to Dennis and Nate at Strictly Diesel and the NHRDA for busting their ass to help provide such an awesome event for us competitors. Over the past couple years, this event has turned into a "can't miss" on our list.

There had been talk all winter to make a turbocharger change on the Lightning truck for the new season and a last minute decision was made 8-days before we had to leave for the event. Started the fabrication of the Triple Turbo system on Wednesday last week, somehow got it completed the following Wednesday just in time to fire it up, check for leaks, and load it in the trailer to make the drive down to AZ Thursday morning. Was alot of unknowns going into the first test pass Friday night, but once again Pius at Bell Turbo pulled it off. The new Triples worked better than expected...incredible spool-up and awesome manners going down the track. Truck made 110-psi boost pressure fuel only at well under 1:1 drive ratio. Zane said he didn't really even need to spool-it, turbos made instant boost at the wack of the throttle. Had to do some fine tuning on our wastegate settings throughout the day, but think they're pretty well dialed in after just 4-passes.

Truck ran a best of 10.17, time slip trap speed was off but our data logs show it was around 138mph. Race against Max'D Out was very exciting...our 10.17 to his 10.19, lost it on a holeshot, think it made for a great show though. Lots of other fast trucks running, sucked to see so many guys break in the Test n Tune the night before, would like to have those trucks running in front of the crowd on race day. All and all we had a great weekend, so glad its finally race season again.

2630501100075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2677097860075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2498291660075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2617351450075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2164374520075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

I was going to say hi and introduce myself when Mike D was getting his sunscreen at your spot. I was the tall guy with him. You looked busy so I didn't feel comfortable bothering you. Since you invited me to your shop when I was driving back from Hallers but time wise it didn't work. Next time I will say hi.
Erik

Blowby

Reaction score
Nice numbers on the new triple set up! Looks like the another clean fab job on the piping. JDub nice pictures.

Jomax

Reaction score
Vids of my passes...truck did OK, would have been better if the driver hadn't screwed up some of the "small things" during staging and launch!

http://youtu.be/1Cj0-9HzTU4

http://youtu.be/6-7oSig1kV4

http://youtu.be/crt3un-PbVA

http://youtu.be/SEYh3mDf6Ck

Those should be in order as the day went, the 3rd pass was the best...but still .14 off my best. Truck did pick up 3mph though...so if I can fix the stupid driver we might have something.

You beat me bad in the last vid. :)

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

thunderin jimmy

Reaction score
too bad I missed it. Just gotta make it more of a priority next time.

And here I thought Shawn and I were the only ones from APG on here. Lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i just noticed the triples took the flame out of the stack.... thats no fun!

Latest posts

Members online