Nitrous help

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Hey guys. I cruised around the forum looking but couldn't find anything that answered my question.

Current mods are the usual. Intake, exhaust, tuner. I'm currently running IDP's Extreme X tune for daily driving and the track lol I also have an upgraded intercooler tube with bungs on it... It looks like a no limit one but I'm not sure. It was on the truck when I got it.

I want to run nitrous but I'm not sure how much I should run or if I should do single or double stages and if I'll need to change my tuning at all.

So what do you guys think? I run a 13.5 here at altitude fuel only. I wanna be mid to high 12's.

How big of a shot? Single or double stage? And do I need to do something with my tuning?

Thanks for the help

jdgleason

Reaction score
2 stages is much easier no the drive train. If it were me, I would run a small first stage, then maybe a .93 jet or .110 up top.

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Oh ok cool. Do I get one with a progressive controller or just something with like 2 switches?

Also do you think I need any changes in my tuning?

madman1234509

Reaction score
Id love to hear some more info on this..... How people are setting them up, what size jets, what they use to activate the nitrous.... There are plenty of people running it.... We should get an official nitrous thread going. There is a turbo and fuel thread, lets get some more info out there on setting up nitrous

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I went with a nitrous express kit and using a hand held push button switch. I'll post up pics when I get it installed. Should be later today. I'm just going to run a single shot, mostly for the dyno so I can look cool with a big number LOL

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I ran one solenoid split to tow nozzles, ran a 88 and a 110 on a push button, sprayed it as soon as it shifted to second

madman1234509

Reaction score
I ran one solenoid split to tow nozzles, ran a 88 and a 110 on a push button, sprayed it as soon as it shifted to second

Is this considered big for one stage? Are you using any kind of wide open throttle switch for saftey? Also what if you were on a dyno with the TC locked, just hit the button when you punch floor it?

What about arming, or purging?

** Mods could we clean this up a bit and make it a sticky? Sounds like enough people are interested in having nitrous information for ours trucks... What works well, how much more power over fuel only, saftey, set ups

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Is this considered big for one stage? Are you using any kind of wide open throttle switch for saftey? Also what if you were on a dyno with the TC locked, just hit the button when you punch floor it?

What about arming, or purging?

** Mods could we clean this up a bit and make it a sticky? Sounds like enough people are interested in having nitrous information for ours trucks... What works well, how much more power over fuel only, saftey, set ups

Yes, thats a pretty big stage, it was a .157 solenoid, no wot switch, just my hand which is fine by me, upfitter switch for arming and i purged the line with a wrench. Put down 630 fuel only with stock inj and pump with lp fuel sys and a s472 single. put down 947 on that one large stage, i usually get the truck to about 20psi wot on the dyno before spraying it

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i always have done the same thing, but i always put a smaller stage at WOT, then a big jet on 2nd stage, and hit it after 1-2 shift.

78f100

Reaction score
as soon as I get another trans I want to spray mine also, I don't think my stocker will hold up to the juice. Maybe we will get lots of good info as I have been curious also.

Latest posts

Members online