Nitrous help

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
4 years ago I sprayed a .040 and .072 which equals a .93 jet at the track and on the Dyno. 1st stage was wot and 2nd was on a button. Made 708/1330 on Dyno and ran 12.3@110. Even spraying it gently at the track the trans was toast. Got hot and slipped after that.
I don't recall you making passes on spray back then.

Honestly I think the tunes nowadays fuel a lot harder , but lift pump and a good hpfp may be helping there. Your truck smoked more than mine did with an elite hpfp and 60's with nitrous and I only made 800/1550.

I made a few at the track, never really got a good run due to it being crapy weather, alot of street racing and messing around though before the DPC

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Craig has a video somewhere when i first got the truck we zip tied a feed line into my intake and he stood next to the truck and opened and closed the bottle lol, i think it made 670 or something like that haha

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
IMAG0580.jpg

Heres my dyno sheet...don't pay attention to the red the truck down shifted and screw up.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
I take it the dramatic increase on the green run is where your nitrous was activated, you said it was a push button at about 20lbs of boost? Love how the hp curve is above 800hp for atleast a 1/3rd of the run

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
Probably should be its own thread but......

I assume everyone is placing their nitrous nozzles in the cold side pipe. Anyone have something different? Hot side pipe....intake manifold.....etc???

Guess my next question is what everyone thinks is better?

madman1234509

Reaction score
I would imagine anywhere on the cold side of the intercooler would be better than in the hot piping.... A while back someone built or attempted to build a truck with what I think was direct port nitrous with custom nitrous manifolds or something and Im not sure it it ever worked. From what I see most people have nitrous bungs in the CAC pipe or possibly the intake elbow

Dzchey21

Reaction score
As close to the intake to allow even mixing between banks the better.

nitrous can help the intercooling effect by spraying it in the hot side. Either way the gains will be similar. To squeeze every last HP you can add a nozzle to basically each cylinder spraying before and after turbo charger stages Ect can allow for bigger gains

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
As close to the intake to allow even mixing between banks the better.

nitrous can help the intercooling effect by spraying it in the hot side. Either way the gains will be similar. To squeeze every last HP you can add a nozzle to basically each cylinder spraying before and after turbo charger stages Ect can allow for bigger gains

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I always had 2 nozzles in my air tubes spraying back and 2 in my air box spraying up on my busa. I do believe in time for the NOS and air to mix is better.

So doing a two stage system.....first stage in the hot side pipe to cool things down.....100% for two seconds say a .060 jet....then a larger second stage on the cold side with a progressive ramp 40-100% for three seconds say a .075 jet would be better????

Hhhmmmmm......:D:D:D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.